Tema: Rekli su...
Pogledaj jedan post
Old 26.01.2010., 21:00   #1
Rekli su...

Na ovoj temi mozete navoditi misli i rijeci velikih i znacajnih istorijskih osoba. Za pocetak, Fridrih Veliki:

"One should constantly analyze the situation in which one finds himself: What plan would I form if I were the enemy? After imagining several, one should think about what means to use to counter the plans, and immediately correct anything that is defective in one's position."

"A commander should act on his own. The secret of war is never found in councils of war. The general should talk of war from time to time with the most enlightened generals of his army, and if, in free conversation, they offer good advice, he should profit by it without remarking who has found a good thing, but onceit is executed with success, he should say, in the presence of a big group of officers: It is to so-and-so that I owe the success in this affair. You flatter the egos of others, you win friends."

"It is an ancient rule of war. If you separate your forces, you will be beaten in detail; if you want to give battle, assemble as many troops as you can; no better way is known to put them to better use."

"In general, campaign projects have to be adjusted to conditions (time, weather), the number of enemy... The more one foresees obstacles to his plans, the less one will find of them later in the execution. In a word, everything must be foreseen; find the problems and resolve them. The principal work of a general is in his office, devising projects, combining ideas; to foresee the designs of the enemy, anticipate them, and keep the enemy disturbed. But that is not enough; he must also be active, and see that what he orders is executed, that he sees everything himself. He must observe the enemy camps and their guards, and walk the battle line frequently to get familiar with it; then if he is attacked by an improvisor, nothing will be new to him."

"If you want to gain the affection of the soldier, do not wear him out or expose him to danger unless it is necessary. Be his father, and not his executioner. Kindness and severity work alternately with the soldier; a general should make himself popular: talk with the soldiers, both when you pass their tents or when they are on the march. Sample often to see if the cookpots have something good; find out their small needs and do what you can to satisfy them; spare them unnecessary exertion. But let fall the full vigor of the law on the mutinous soldier, the backbiter, the pillager, when necessary order the severest punishment for deserters."

"Hunger will defeat a man more surely than the courage of his adversary, but, as the loss of a convoy or a depot will not lose a war, winning battles must come first; it is necessary to consider both factors in deciding how to win.
Whatever beautiful plan you have dreamed up, you will not be able to execute it if your soldiers have not been well fed. Part of controlling mercenaries is being constantly certain that the troops lack for nothing, not bread, or meat, or wine. In studying the reasons for desertion one should find out if the soldier regularly receives his pay and all the small comforts due him, or if his captain is guilty of misappropriation."

"The most difficult campaigns are those in which one is opposed by many strong enemies. Militarily, it is necessary to know how to lose ground to advantage, sacrifice a province to one enemy, and march with all your forces against the others, make them fight a battle, make your best effort to destroy them, then march away and hit the others. I prefer the audacity of a general who risks a battle, for he has everything to gain and even if he loses, there is always the option of the defensive."

"Marching into battle it is mandatory that the general boldly ride ahead, that he reconnoiter the terrain himself, from one end to the other, so that he will have several possible plans and positions in mind in case he encounters the enemy. Knowledge and choise of terrain are the most essential things; but, knowing them, you must know how to profit by placing the troops where they can be most effective. Most modern battle orders are ineffective in that they always follow the same plan, without regard to the terrain. In choosing a position, profit from every swamp, stream, inundation, or obstacle that will narrow the front, because it is not your entrenchments that stop the enemy, but the troops that you concentrate to oppose him."

"Everything which the enemy least expects will succeed the best."

"I am up and about when I am ill, and in the most appalling weather. I am on
horseback when other men would be flat out on their beds, complaining. We
are made for action, and activity is the sovereign remedy for all physical ills."

"It is your attitude, and the suspicion that you are maturing the boldest
designs against him, that imposes on your enemy."

"The most certain way of insuring victory is to march briskly and in good
order against the enemy, always endeavoring to gain ground."

"A defensive war is apt to betray us into too frequent detachment. Those
generals who have had but little experience attempt to protect every point,
while those who are better acquainted with their profession, having only
the capital object in view, guard against a decisive blow, and acquiesce in
small misfortunes to avoid greater."

"Without supplies no army is brave"

"The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to discover new truths; and the next is to shake off old prejudices."

"Being goal directed is not enough to conquer your enemy. To achieve your goal you need to know and be able to utilize all the resources available to you. This includes the knowledge of all those available to you as well as using the physical resources and those who control them."

“Religion is the idol of the mob; it adores everything it does not understand.”

"All religions must be tolerated, for every man must get to heaven in his own way."

“A man who seeks truth and loves it must be reckoned precious to any human society.”

“He who defends everything defends nothing.”

“A German singer! I should as soon expect to get pleasure from the neighing of my horse.”

“The truth is always the strongest argument. Sophocles Truth is a thing immortal and perpetual, and it gives to us a beauty that fades not away in time.”

“I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate my perfect right.”

“My people and I have come to an agreement which satisfied us both. They are to say what they please, and I am to do what I please.”

“Superstition is the weakness of the human mind; it is inherent in that mind; it has always been, and always will be.”

"If my soldiers were to begin to think, not one would remain in the ranks.”

“Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl.”

“Don't forget your great guns which are the most respectable arguments of the rights of kings.”

“Always presume that the enemy has dangerous designs and always be forehanded with the remedy. But do not let these calculations make your timid.”

“If I wished to punish a province, I would have it governed by philosophers.”

"Diplomacy without arms is like music without instruments."

Odgovori s citatom