Tema: Rat kultura
Pogledaj jedan post
Old 06.02.2013., 14:40   #87
Quote:
- Sizif - kaže: Pogledaj post
Onih koji misle da znanost nije isto što i cirkus koji nastaje kao produt preglasavanja (u psihijatrijskom udruženju), nakon napadnog lobiranja.
Pa to je prilično naivno misliti, da znanost to nije. Recimo, dvojbe oko kvantne fizike, dakle, oko toga kakva je priroda, odlučene su većinom glasova na onom kongresu:

Quote:
Fifth Conference

Perhaps the most famous conference was the October 1927 Fifth Solvay International Conference on Electrons and Photons, where the world's most notable physicists met to discuss the newly formulated quantum theory. The leading figures were Albert Einstein and Niels Bohr. Einstein, disenchanted with Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, remarked "God does not play dice". Bohr replied, "Einstein, stop telling God what to do". (See Bohr–Einstein debates.) 17 of the 29 attendees were or became Nobel Prize winners, including Marie Curie, who alone among them, had won Nobel Prizes in two separate scientific disciplines.[2]

This conference was also the culmination of the struggle between Einstein and the scientific realists, who wanted strict rules of scientific method as laid out by Charles Peirce and Karl Popper, versus Bohr and the instrumentalists, who wanted looser rules based on outcomes. Starting at this point, the instrumentalists won, instrumentalism having been seen as the norm ever since,[3] although the debate has been actively continued by the likes of Alan Musgrave.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvay_Conference

Na sličan je način odlučeno i o tome kakav je Bog, na crkvenim koncilima u Niceji i Konstantinopolu.