Tema: Auto iz EU
Pogledaj jedan post
Old 27.01.2009., 14:57   #9
Quote:
ptah kaže: Pogledaj post
I will keep you updated.
Beeing a foreigner in Croatia is not really easy! Even French! Your administration makes everything extremely complicated

Driving a car with French licence plates shouldn't be a real problem (some friends of mine are doing it), since the police doesn't know much about Croatian rules. (I say that according to my previous expirience ).

What I really want is to allow my wife to drive this car.

Keeping the car registered in France has other advantages, like first technical control after 4 years (for a new car) and then every second year

Thank you again for your advices, and for doing it in English. The HAK is also a good idea in case I need more details.
I don't know whether you've tried this, but perhaps you could keep the car on French plates and give your wife a power of attorney ("punomoć") to drive the car. Try asking a notary public ("javni bilježnik"). I don't know whether this is actually legal or not but that probably isn't particularly important as the police are a bit thick and probably have no idea whether this is allowed. So, in case they stop your wife, they'd most likely let her go.

Disclaimer: I don't know whether this would work and I am not suggesting you do it if it is not legal.

P.S. Please don't bring in a German car
Odgovori s citatom