Pogledaj jedan post
Old 23.03.2008., 09:03   #21
Stephen Tvrtko I (Serbian: Стефан, Croatian and Bosnian: Stjepan) (1338 – March 10, 1391), was a ruler of medieval Bosnia. He ruled in 1353–1366 and again in 1367–1377 as Ban and in 1377–1391 as the first Bosnian King. He also took the Serbian crown. Tvrtko was a member of the House of Kotromanić.

Tvrtko I was an able ruler and his state included most of Bosnia as well as the neighbouring territories. He transformed the country from an autonomous banate into an independent and prosperous kingdom. After he became the King, he added the title Stephanos (Stefan, the crowned one), and Miroslav or Mircea[citation needed].

The title of King Tvrtko was "King of Serbs, Bosnia and the Seacoast".

Tvrtko was the firstborn child of Vladislav of Kotroman and Jelena Šubić, who were married at the Šubić's stronghold of Klis in summer-long festivities open to the whole population. Tvrtko was a scion of the two most prominent families. Tvrtko was the first cousin of Elizabeth of Kotroman, the daughter of Vladislav's brother, ban Stephen II Kotromanić, and his third wife the Polish Princess Elizabeth of Kuyavia.

In the times when the plague was devastating the region, Tvrtko's mother Jelena Šubić was in charge of the household, which, among others, included her own family, including her ailing husband Vladislav, and the family of her ailing in-laws of Stephen II Kotromanić. Jelena brought up her own children, Tvrtko and his younger brother Vuk Kotromanić, and her nieces and adopted daughters Elizabeta Kotromanić (Elisabeth_of_Bosnia) and her older sister Katarina Kotromanić.

In 1350, Elizabeta Kotromanić was hand-picked to become, in 1353, the second wife of the king and later emperor Louis I of Hungary, king of Hungary, since 1370 of Poland, etc. In 1361, Katarina was married to Hermann I of Celje. They became parents of Hermann II of Celje and grandparents of Barbara of Cilli, Barbara Celjska, the future wife, queen and empress to the Holy Roman Emperor Sigismund of Luxemburg.

All House of Kotroman siblings, Tvrtko and Elizabeta in particular, were very close, calling themselves, even in official documents, as my beloved brother and my beloved sister, respectively. Thus, Tvrtko was, in fact, the brother-in-law, vassal and trusted ally of Louis I, and the brother-in-law of Hermann I of Celje. Tvrtko was also a descendant, on both paternal and maternal sides, from the Arpad dynasty that ruled Hungary and Croatia, and House of Nemanja, that ruled the Serbian Lands and at its peak the Greek lands. Tvrtko's paternal grandmother was Jelisaveta Nemanjic, the daughter of the Catholic Serbian nobleman Stefan Dragutin of Nemanja and his wife the Arpad Princess Katalin, the daughter of the Cuman Koteny Princess christened Elizabeth and her husband Istvan V who was the son of King Bela IV. Tvrtko's maternal great-grandmother was Ursa Nemanjic, Jelisaveta's sister.

Tvrtko's maternal uncle Mladen III Šubić was married to Jelena Nemanjić, the daughter of Stefan Decanski, from Nemanjić dynasty, and Maria Palaeologina, and a half-sister of Serbian Emperor Stefan Dušan.

Tvrtko's paternal aunt Marija was the wife of Nicolae Alexandru Basarab and the grandmother of Mircea I the Elder. Tvrtko's maternal uncle Pavao III Šubić was married to Catherina Dandolo, his maternal aunt Katarina Šubić was married to Ivan Jurišić, his grand-aunt was Elizabeta Krčka (later known as Frankopan), while his grand-uncle was Jacopo Tiepolo.

A ko je Tvrtkov otac Vladislav:
Vladislav Kotromanić reigned as regent of Medieval Bosnia and Herzegovina, from September 1353 to his death in 1354. He, together with his brother Stephen II Kotromanić, made Bosnia an Independent state.

He was the son of Bosnian ban Kotroman and the Serbian Princess Jelisaveta and had four brothers and two sisters. Vladislav was baptised in the Serbian Orthodox Church together with his brothers and sisters, on his Serbian Mother's demand. He was married to Jelena Šubić of the Croatian Šubić noble family. After his death, he was succeeded by his son Tvrtko I.

Tvrtkova majka Jelena:
Jelena Šubić was a Croatian countess from the noble Šubić family, and mother of Bosnian King Tvrtko. She was born early in the 14th century (probably around 1306), and was married to Vladislav Kotromanić. She has often been described as power-hungry, as she exerted much influence in her husband and children's lives. She died around 1378