Pogledaj jedan post
Old 25.08.2004., 22:16   #5
Quote:
Nikola alokiN kaže:
Pa onda koje je, jer onda zasto nam nije zabranjeno moliti Boga, vec je zabranjeno samo spominjati mu ime. Ne jerujem da se to odnosi na psovanje.
O tome je vec bilo rijeci ovdje: Pitanje za Jevreje

God's name, as well as those of humans, has symbolic meaning in the patriarchal narratives [dakle Post 12-50]. One episode illustrates clearly the symbolic character of God's name for the narrator. In the Incident at the Jabbok ford when Jacob was given the new name Israel, an interesting conversation over name occurs. Jacob wrestled with the divine stranger, but the struggle was also with himself and his relationship with God. The focus is name. Jacob/Israel asked, "Please tell me your name" (32:29). The query is an attempt to overcome the distance between Jacob/Israel and God. To know God's name is to know God's being. If somehow name can be known, personality can be controlled. The response to the question is, "Why is it that you ask my name?" - as if to say, "How can you be so presumptuous?" Jacob/Israel is blessed, but the name is not revealed. The divine stranger of the night remains inscrutable! God's name will later be revealed to Moses (Exodus 3:14), but even then it is cryptic and mysterious. Later on, Israel preserved this symbolism by refusing to speak God's name, as if to say that human beings could never know or control the fullness of the divine character.

Henry Jackson Flanders, Robert W. Crapps and David A. Smith. 1996, "People of the Covenant ", Oxford Press, str. 160.
She's my priestess, I'm your priest
Odgovori s citatom