Pogledaj jedan post
Old 13.08.2008., 23:19   #7
So you have decided to give the game another shot, cool. Let me 1st remind you that these are still the SWG Forums, and it is my understanding that the SWG Forums have always been like the Wild West, so you are just going to have to learn to deal with a few bandits here and there. Please do not take any flames personal. It's just Forum-speak for "hello," "welcome back," "Like OMG where have you been" or "so nice to see you again."

The SWG Galactic Community is still composed of 26 Galaxies

At first glance a lot of returning players assume that nothing has changed since November of 2005, which was when the NGE was first implemented. Most returning players base this on the fact that traditional social gathering places like Mos Eisley, Theed and the Dantooine Mining Outpost are no longer packed with players on most galaxies. Just because your galaxies lacks a Mos Eisley Cantina that is packed through out most of the day does not mean your galaxy is dead. Everyone is more spread out now because there is so much more stuff to do. All of the servers do not have the populations that they once did, but this game is growing. If you think transferring to a larger galaxy is a sure way improve your game play experience you might want to listen to some advice from Yoda. "A Packed Mos Eisley Cantina a vibrant, dynamic and welcoming community it does not always make."

It's All About Content

You are probably saying to yourself, "What could there possibly be left to do in this game that I haven't already done?"

Or perhaps you are one of those types of players that thinks, "There is no content now that could possibly be more engaging and exciting than content that existed during the Pre-NGE period of SWG, so spare me the new content spiel, NAR."

I do not doubt that a lot of the old content was truly amazing, but will trying out the new content hurt you in any way? I am being completely honest with you when I tell you that so much meaningful content has been introduced in the last 18 months that the players of the SWG GLACTIC COMMUNITY no longer stand around Mos Eisley, Theed, CNET, or the DANT Mining Outpost trying to think of something to do. Listed below are brief summaries of some of the new content that has been introduced in the last 18 months.

THE TURNING POINT: The Implementation of NEW and Return of Classic Content

It all started with Chapter 7: A Collection of Heroes and its introduction of the HEROIC ENCOUNTER SYSTEM. These instances are a lot of fun to run, and are way more challenging than any of the previous instances, but you will need players of diverse professions who can work well together in order to complete them. Chapter 7 also introduced the Collection System; there are now hundreds of collections in game.

Chapter 8: The Nova Orion Crisis introduced a significant amount of new space content, such as: Nova Orion Space Theme Park, GUNSHIPS, Naboo N-1 Fighter, awesome Collection rewarded ship components, and the amazing Imperial Star Destroyer Heroic Encounter.

Chapter 9:
The Fury of Exar Kun introduced the Exar Kun Heroic Encounter, The ITV Collection and few additional collections.

Chapter 10: The Search for the Meatlump King, which happens to be the latest chapter, introduced the Meatlump Theme Park, Group Pick Up Points and the New Looking for Group Interface, which returning players like yourself should immediately get to know.

Chapter 11, which will probably be introduced some time around late August or early September (if we are lucky) is going to introduce the HOTH Heroic Encounter, which according to the DEVS it will blow all previous classical instances and Current Heroic Encounters out of the water. According to the new producer Dotanuki, "There are going to be things in Hoth that you've not seen before in Star Wars Galaxies."
*** Vehicular combat included

Additional Content

Profession Expertise Enhancemants

The return a Player Bounty Hunting and an all new PVE Bounty Hunter Collection

The return of "Classic Content" like: Player Camps, foraging, treasure maps, and creature milking.

New Fishing Collections and a Photography Collection that will make you feel like your a National Geographics wildlife photographer (These are some truly outstanding non-combat collections).

The new entertainer "Build a Buff" interface

The Story Teller System is truly an amazing system if you're a fan of player generated sand box content. Story Teller Blue Prints

The new Meatlump, Azure Cabal, Imperial and Rebel theme parks are actually a lot of fun, and yield great XP.

Beast Master Expertise (for all you former creature handlers)

SWG VOICE CHAT

In Game Web Browser (You can know order pizza while playing SWG or head on over to Star Wars Galaxies Wikia if you need help with collections or quests))

Future Content

Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game: Champions of the Force

PVE AND PVP GCW Enhancements

Appearance Tab

More outstanding "Heroic Encounters" and perhaps a piloting "Space Heroic"

More non-combat based collections like fishing, crafting, entertaining and photography

More of a focuss on crafted goods over looted goods

More Storyteller props, NPCs, persistent special effects, music and perhaps more dynamic storyteller NPC A.I. control

More Slayer Collections (/begs for Jawa, Ewok and Gungan slayer collections)

Droid Commander

Player City Update

So you are still not convinced that this game has more life left? Fine I will try to eliminate more of your doubts by answering some more of your questions.

What you used to love to decorate in this game? Did you know about some of the new decorating abilities, like: Pich, Yaw and Roll? And I bet you did not know that structure traders can now alter the color pallet of most of the classic housing decorations?

Perhaps you used to enjoy crafting guns and armor but now you think that looted stuff has killed crafted guns and armor, right? Well I bet you didn't know about Reverse Engineering, New Crafted Armor or the Munitions Trader update.

Really, you used to love to PVP in the old DAYS? Well I hear there are other servers besides Radiant that still love the PVP component of this game, but none of them do it better than us. Oh by the way, did you know about Star Wars Galaxies - Galactic Civil War Rank and Rewards, the Static Bases, Restuss and the Potential GCW Enhancement Archive?

Did you know that you can now have 2 toons per server, and if you were an elder Jedi you can actually have 3 toons per server?

You accidentally deleted your elder JEDI when the NGE was released, and your still upset that you lost your unlocked slot? Well you can now recover your unlocked slot thanks to Update 5, which makes it possible for you to have 3 toons on your home server.

Conclusion: This is no longer the NGE, the Current DEVS (who I would like to add were not responsible for the NGE) and the proud members of the SWG GALACTIC COMMUNITY have ushered in a new era in this games illustrious history, and most of us would love for you to be apart of it.

Ovo je po mom mišljenju jedan od najboljih postova o SWG-u uopće.

ovdje je link na originalni post: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/p...opic_id=700976
Odgovori s citatom