Pogledaj jedan post
Old 07.02.2011., 21:04   #42
Richard Maybury on the Collapse of the Anglo-American Empire and What It Means for You

Introduction: The former Global Affairs editor of MONEYWORLD, Richard Maybury is one of the most respected business and economics analysts in America.

Quote:
Daily Bell: Is America essentially bankrupt?

Richard Maybury: America isn't but the federal government sure is. I don't think I need to get into statistics, but the federal government is about as hopeless as we have ever seen in history. I can't think of any other government that ever got into this much trouble, but the country and the government are not the same things. Some individuals are bankrupt, some are prosperous, it varies from one person to the next, but most assuredly the federal government is a real financial basket case.

Daily Bell: Will the EU itself survive?

Richard Maybury: I hope not and I don't think so. If you look back, say, 45 years, when the various countries in Europe were much more independent and they had their own currencies tied to gold, the choice that they had among currencies was a wonderful thing. Let's say if you lived in France, and you saw your government counterfeiting francs in an irresponsible fashion, you could move your wealth into Swiss Francs or into German Marks, and I think before this Great Monetary Calamity is over, the Europeans are going to realize that those were nice choices to have and they are going to go back to that. I think they will break up into much more independent countries than they are now and the less power a central government can have... well that's always a good thing because it means more liberty for the individual. I think they will move in that direction because they have tried the opposite and it's not working so well.

Daily Bell: What will happen to the dollar?

Richard Maybury: I think the dollar, as we know it is dead or pretty close to it. Obviously it's not dead yet but it's another great big version of Tulipmania. This demand for not only the dollar but for all paper currency, fiat currency, it's just Tulipmania. It's been going on since 1971 when all currencies were converted to fiat currencies. So now we are seeing the process of the world bringing this calamity to an end. So the dollar and all other fiat currencies will no longer be fiat. They will be tied to something real, perhaps gold, perhaps a basket of commodities that includes gold, I don't know, but the whole world is clearly a lot more interested now in holding real assets than fiat currencies. I think we are in the beginning of a great revolution of currencies where we are going to go back to the type of money that can't be created without limits out of thin air.

Daily Bell: Let's continue with some geopolitical questions. Is the euro going under?

Richard Maybury: Yes, I think the euro is going under but I don't know when. It's a fiat currency like the rest of them. It's going to be wiped out too, or replaced by some form of currency that cannot be created in unlimited quantities.
Kompletan intervju na http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/wile10.1.html

Ukratko...The Shit is hitting the fan!!