Pogledaj jedan post
Old 21.12.2002., 19:52   #1
Na zapadu mozda ipak nesto novo... a mozda i ne...

Ferrari has McLaren on its mind

Ross Brawn, Ferrari Technical Director, has said McLaren will provide Maranello with its biggest challenge in 2003, the Woking team which looks to be on its way back to the top after several years in the «wilderness».

Brawn, speaking in an interview with the monthly glossy «F1 Racing», named McLaren as Ferrari’s main threat for the title. Most Ferrari officials believe the team will not be such a supreme force in 2003, given that it is not likely to make such a radical technical step as it did last season with the formidable F2002 contender, which took Michael Schumacher and the Prancing Horse (iliti «trula kobila», što bi rekao Blacky ) to convincing title successes.

«If I had to name our number-one rival for 2003,» Brawn said, «I'd say McLaren without a moment's hesitation.»

McLaren last enjoyed title success in the late nineties when it had the complete technical package

It would be the influence of Adrian Newey, McLaren’s Technical Director and a famed aerodynamicist, plus team efficiency that would shortly see the silver crew back to its powerful best, Brawn said.

«Adrian is an intelligent man; he knows what he's doing,» he added. «Plus, at the track, McLaren's working methods have always been better than Williams’.»

But as big an issue as chassis for McLaren is the engine. McLaren’s car, the MP4/17 was acknowledged better than the Williams FW24 but was not as potent because its Mercedes power unit was inferior to the class-leading BMW.

Ferrari will still likely have a technical advantage over both McLaren and Williams thanks to the tyre situation in 2003 – the Italian team will continue to enjoy exclusive top team use of the Bridgestone tyres while its British rivals will again have to share a supply of Michelins.
Odgovori s citatom