Pogledaj jedan post
Old 21.03.2017., 09:04   #5
zanimljivo da, dobacit cu par citata iz jednog teksta kojeg sam upamtio iz nekog razloga

http://www.thenewyoga.org/Use%20and%20Abuse.pdf

Quote:
Like awareness, language is no ‘thing’. For though it finds expression in the ‘objective’ form of the
spoken and written word, language as such is not itself any ‘object’. Nor do words themselves, as
‘signifiers’ merely denote or represent specific objects or ‘signifieds’. The meaning of language does
not lie in referring to things but in ‘deferring’ meaning. Thus even in the most seemingly
commonplace of everyday verbal interactions between people, and despite their apparent reference to
everyday things and events, we can never pin down ‘in’ words what it is that people are saying to one
another – as subjects - through their words, whatever these words seem to be referring to or ‘about’.
Even in just referring to and talking about ourselves we are effectively using this ‘subject’ word ‘I’ to
objectify ourselves – thus forever deferring expression of our silent, subjective awareness of self.

Language automatically bars and defers direct expression of the self, subject or ‘I’ that is speaking -
‘the speaking self’ – because the spoken self or “I” is one that is spoken about and thus constantly
objectified through language itself. It is because of this that the unspoken awareness or subjectivity of
the individual is forced to seek expression in other ways - not through what they say about themselves,
‘in’ words but through what the words they choose say about them. For as Freud well recognised, our
every choice of words can say more about us than we intend or mean to say through it.
In Lacan’s linguistic reinterpretation of and ‘return’ to Freud, it is through language – something that
is not our private property but something shared with others - that we are prevented from directly
expressing ourselves, but bound, as if by an iron law, to constantly construct and reconstruct our sense
of self or subjectivity through our very acts of speech. In the very act of speaking about ourselves
using the words that are all shared social constructs, we deny direct expression to the private self that
is doing the speaking.
Odgovori s citatom