Natrag   Forum.hr > Društvo > Društvene znanosti > Jezikoslovlje

Jezikoslovlje Za pravopiždžije i jezikolomce

Zatvorena tema

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Old 26.12.2014., 14:49   #10181
Wouldn't it be easier just to paste that shit into Word and turn on the damned spelling checker thingy?
"And that is the most important topic on earth: peace. What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living, ..."
Old 26.12.2014., 19:36   #10182
Quote:
vegard kaže: Pogledaj post
Is everything grammatically correct in these sentences?
Dear Family,
I am looking forward to becoming a ? in a family in whichmy goal is to teach their childern as well as possible. (better maybe: To be the best teacher I possibly can for the children)
My experience with kids comes mostly from living in my family. I have spent a lot of time with kids,through games and learning.(better maybe: ,have played games and learned with them.
In my childhood I lived in county (I think you mean: on the countRy,and therefore I learned to appreciate nature and most importanly animals.In my family we were always going to thewoods (maybe: INTO the woods?),playing with a dog and cats.
I really enjoyed my childhood,and that is the reason why I would like to improve the lives of young people.
My Name is ?.Currently I am 22 years old.
My hobbies are cycling and playing football. I am a sporty person and with these healthly hobbies I would like to have an impact on other people around me.

As far as the kids are concerned, I really like spending time with kids and have a positive influence on them.Teach them to make (do?) something on their own.My biggest prize (reward?) is that afterwards they are gonna going to (wouldn't be so colloquial here) be better persons (people?) and maybe someday will thank me me for a good lesson in life.

Zadnje uređivanje Nica : 28.12.2014. at 16:48. Reason: Q
Old 27.12.2014., 03:08   #10183
Quote:
Is everything grammatical correct in these sentences?

Dear Family,
you have 22 years ?
back to square one. a1/a2 i'd say.

Quote:
Is everything grammatically correct in these sentences?.../
dear kathrin.
let them learn the basics. for their own good.
Old 27.12.2014., 09:11   #10184
I accidentally a Coca-Cola bottle.
"And that is the most important topic on earth: peace. What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living, ..."
Old 29.12.2014., 21:39   #10185
Diff engl acc by Jessie J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw5BvPZGWeU
Old 31.12.2014., 19:08   #10186
A little bit of poetry, maybe?

The Guitar

It begins, the lament
of the guitar.
The wineglass of dawn
is broken.

It begins, the lament
of the guitar.
It’s useless to silence it.

Impossible
to silence it.

It cries monotonously
as the water cries,
as the wind cries
over the snow.

Impossible
to silence it.
It cries for
distant things.

Sands of the hot South
that demand white camellias.
It cries arrows with no targets,
evening with no morning,
and the first dead bird
on the branch.

Oh, the guitar!
Heart wounded deep
by five swords.

by F. D. Lorca
(translated by A. S. Kline)
Old 02.01.2015., 16:35   #10187
Happy New Year, everyone!

Would you like to translate me the phrase ''good riddance'' in Croatian?
Old 02.01.2015., 17:29   #10188
Quote:
Twotinyfrogs kaže: Pogledaj post

The proper form of the question would be

Would you like to translate the phrase ''good riddance'' into Croatian for me?
Old 02.01.2015., 19:31   #10189
Quote:

"Dobro sam te se riješio"?
Old 03.01.2015., 07:14   #10190
Quote:
''good riddance''
"Idi s milim bogom" / "neka ide s milim bogom"?

I'm not sure if "bog" should be written with a capital letter in this instance.
Old 06.01.2015., 21:01   #10191
Dear Croatian Users!

First of all forgive me posting my message to this topic, but I don't know what would be the best place for it.
I'm a hungarian doctor and would like to learn a slav language. I like your country and my first idea was to learn your language. Sometimes I travel to Poland and Slovakia and I would be happy if I could speak in those countries too. I have learned russian in the grammar school but it was hundred years before and of course I know it's a separate language.
What is your opinion about russian, slovak and polish language? As a croatian who has never learned those languages how easy is to speak in your own language and communicate as a simple tourist in those countries? What are your experiences about it?

Sorry again about this off-topic message and I would appreciate if anybody could help me either even via email.

Thank you very much.

Andras

([email protected])
Old 06.01.2015., 21:06   #10192
If you're planning on traveling to the countries you mentioned, you'd be better off learning German than Croatian.
Old 06.01.2015., 21:09   #10193
Welll.... but maybe he just really likes Croatia; same as me... my native language is German and I decided to learn Croatian and now I live here.... )))
Old 06.01.2015., 21:14   #10194
Please pay attention. He said he travels to Poland and Slovakia occasionally. Croatian will not help him communicate better with the locals -- German will.
Old 06.01.2015., 21:18   #10195
Smile

You're right Kathrin.
I love Dalmacija and that's why I'm biased in the direction of croatian language. I would like to learn a slav language but I don't have enough time to learn more than one. I'm not a great tourist, but I would be happy to communicate in a basic level in Croatia and mainly in Slovakia in one language and I'm trying to choose the best.
I have also learned german, aber ich hatte keine Lust. Sorry https://www.forum.hr/images/smilies/smile1.gif
Old 06.01.2015., 21:22   #10196
*Slavic language.
Old 06.01.2015., 21:24   #10197
I would like to learn a slavic (thanks) language both for pleasure and both for practical reason.
"Croatian will not help him communicate better with the locals -- German will." I understand. Does that mean that you can communicate with a slovak/polish as hard as with a dutch for example?
Old 06.01.2015., 21:57   #10198
Quote:
slafko kaže: Pogledaj post
Please pay attention. He said he travels to Poland and Slovakia occasionally. Croatian will not help him communicate better with the locals -- German will.
Thank you. I have read somewhere that a Portuguese is able to slightly understand a Spanish and even talk with him, but it's not true conversely. One of my collegue's husband has polish father and he could speak with the slovak waiter quite easily. I was curious how does this work with croatian. Thank you.
Old 06.01.2015., 21:59   #10199
Of course not. Dutch language is basically a person trying to decide whether to speak English or German while having a seizure. Croatian, while similar to Polish and Slovak languages, is not spoken by people of either countries. They do speak English, but -- from my personal experience -- majority of them speaks German a lot better. Which stands to reason - Germany and Austria are their neighbouring countries and generate a lot of tourists. Croatians? Not so much.

Besides, learning Croatian only because it's a Slavic language and therefore similar to Polish and Slovak languages will only hinder your communication efforts by generating a lot of false friends.
Old 06.01.2015., 22:26   #10200
Quote:
slafko kaže: Pogledaj post
Of course not. Dutch language is basically a person trying to decide whether to speak English or German while having a seizure. Croatian, while similar to Polish and Slovak languages, is not spoken by people of either countries. They do speak English, but -- from my personal experience -- majority of them speaks German a lot better. Which stands to reason - Germany and Austria are their neighbouring countries and generate a lot of tourists. Croatians? Not so much.

"Besides, learning Croatian only because it's a Slavic language and therefore similar to Polish and Slovak languages will only hinder your communication efforts by generating a lot of false friends.
Well, I don't want to deny I'm Hungarian (I'm proud of it) and don't want to get false friends playing to be Croatian. I really find Croatia and croatian people likable and after deciding to learn a slavic language I would have been happy if Croatian could help me for example ordering food in a restaurant in Slovakia. I now understand that it won't work. (It's not easy for us, because here's no language which is similar to ours and that's why I couldn't ideate this similar-to-my-language-and-can-understand-some-words-of-it thing).
Ali hvala za pomoć. :-)
Zatvorena tema

Tematski alati
Opcije prikaza

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 02:42.