Podforumi: Mali literarni kutić, Klub knjige

Odgovor

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Old 12.03.2015., 18:37   #1
Shaking hands with death - hommage Pratchettu

Umro je Teri Pračet.

Jedan od komentara na njegovoj FB strani glasi ovako:

Quote:
"I would like my pudding now nurse. And then I think I'd like to... write... something... I don't remember what."
Standing in the corner, he waits. The sand slowly flows, but it nears it's end. The old man still glows, as thousands of threads spread away from him.
SQUEAK.
I AGREE. IT IS A SHAME TO SEE HIM THIS WAY.
SQUEAK.
NO. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN.... BUT I CANNOT WAIT TO ASK HIM HOW IT ALL ENDS.
The old man looks up, through them at first... and then he sees them. For once, the smile on the hooded figure's skull is genuine.
"I... I remember you. The anth... ant..."
ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION.
"Yes, that. We knew each other?"
ONCE. AND WILL AGAIN, SIR.
He so rarely said it, and these feelings... remembering his young aprentice, and beloved daughter. The beautiful child they have.
"There... is a girl, yes?"
SHE IS SPEAKING TO THE AUDITORS, SIR. THEY ARE UNWILLING TO LISTEN.
"Well then. You know what they say, two things you cannot avoid. Taxes and..." He looks into the firey blue eyes, and becomes aware.
SQUEAK.
"Quite right. Is it time already? I have so much left to do."
YOU HAVE GIVEN ALL YOU CAN SIR.
"No, not cancer. Alzheimers."
I AM AWARE.
"So, where is the boy? I remember a boy."
CARRIAGE ACCIDENT.
"Ahh. Never much trusted cars. Or horses."
THEY GET YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
"Must I?"
SOON. BUT WE MAY SIT HERE AWHILE.
SQUEAK
DO YOU HAVE ANY BISCUITS?
"No. Shame really."
YES.
"Is it truely turtles?"
ALL THE WAY DOWN. I HAVE SEEN THEM.
"Ahh. I would love to see it. Perhaps a small trip before?"
IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE.
"The light is slower there... and there's a monkey...."
ORANGUTAN. SAME PRINCIPLE.
"Yes... will they remember me?"
SQUEAK.
"What was that? I could not hear you."
HE SAYS WE WILL, SIR.
"I never much liked the trouble people had with you. You seem like a nice fellow."
I HAVE MY DAYS.
"Don't we all?"
SOME LESS THAN OTHERS.
"Is it quick?"
YES. AND I BROUGHT THE SWORD. CEREMONY DICTATES IT.
"Ahh. How about a cup of tea?"
I WOULD ENJOY IT. DO YOU PLAY CHESS?
"No. how about checkers?"
And so they sat, two old friends regaling each other, though the old man could not remember all of the details, the cloaked man and his rat filled him in, when it was needed."
"HUmans need phantasy to be humans, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" je osnov njegove filozofije.

Umesto žalopojki, posvetimo ovaj topic Pračetu dajući mašti na volju: poput gorecitiranog teksta, osmislite pesmu, priču inspirisanu Disksvetom.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 12.03.2015., 23:34   #2
Moram priznati da su Pratchettove knjige imale snažan utjecaj na moje poimanje svijeta oko sebe, ne virtualnog već stvarnog. Natjera te da razmišljaš na načine na koje nisi nikad razmišljao i vidiš sve u potpuno drugom svjetlu te sam mu na tome neizmjerno zahvalan. Svijet je izgubio jednog velikog čovjeka.

Sada igra damu sa glavnim likom većeg broja knjiga i čeka što će biti dalje. Što god to bilo, ukoliko je njegova teorija da nam se iza smrti događa ono što vjerujemo da će nam se dogoditi, vjerujem da će biti nešto jako zanimljivo. Tko zna, možda se jednog dana sretnemo u tom svijetu prema kojem mi je otvorio oči.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 13.03.2015., 00:00   #3
Quote:
The gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that's where they believe, in their deepest heart, that they deserve to go. Which they won't do if they don't know about it. This explains why it is so important to shoot missionaries on sight.
R.I.P. Terry
Odgovori s citatom
Old 13.03.2015., 00:29   #4
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”

Jedan od rijetkih ljudi koje smatram pravim genijalcima. Mnoštvo likova, knjige puno duha i pozitive, a opet natjeraju te na razmišljanje. Tužan dan...
Odgovori s citatom
Old 13.03.2015., 11:36   #5
Natuknice

Zbog Terryja Pratchetta sam počeo čitati na engleskom.

Small Gods je sigurno jedan od pet najboljih romana koje sam ikada pročitao.

Žao mi je što još ne postoji niti jedna prava ekranizacija Discworlda, nego samo polukreveljenja. Možda jednog dana.

Kao što je šteta i što osim Raosovog prijevoda prva dva romana, ne postoji dobar hrvatski prijevod.
Old 13.03.2015., 13:25   #6
Vidio sad na Filmu. A jebemu. Doduše, s obzirom na Alzheimera, možda i bolje.

Pročitao sam tek 4-5 njegovih romana, i to na hrvatskom, i bio sam oduševljen. Humor, mašta, likovi... sve je na mjestu. Možda mi ovo sad bude poticaj da ga se malo podrobnije uhvatim.

RIP, Terry
They are gone now. Fled, banished in death or exile, lost, undone. Over the land sun and wind still move to burn and sway the trees, the grasses. No avatar, no scion, no vestige of that people remains. On the lips of the strange race that now dwells there their names are myth, legend, dust. - Cormac McCarthy
Odgovori s citatom
Odgovor

Tematski alati
Opcije prikaza

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 01:17.