Natrag   Forum.hr > Kultura i zabava > Fantastika (SF, fantasy, horror...)

Fantastika (SF, fantasy, horror...) We create Worlds!
Podforum: A Song of Ice and Fire

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Prev Prethodni post   Sljedeći post Next
Old 12.10.2006., 23:04   #10
Quote:
alco kaže:
vampiri-to su u biti ljudi koji pate od bolesti zvane porfirija i nasljeduje se genski,a izaziva pomankanje neke tvari koje ima samo ljuska krv i to tjera covjeka instinktivno da pije ljudsku krv-evo pa pogledajte kako ljudi lice kolji boluj od te bolesti
Ja sam prvo htio napisati nekaj slično, no Wikipedijin entry o porfiriji mi je promijenio mišljenje:

Porphyria has been suggested as an explanation for the origin of vampire and werewolf legends, based upon a number of similarities between the condition and the folklore that was first speculated upon by biochemist David Dolphin in 1985. His ruminations gave rise to a popular urban legend which accepts this association as factual, though it is historically and factually baseless.

Sljedeći link u entryu otišao sam ovdje i evo šta sam saznal:

(1) Porphyria comprises seven separate disorders. Skin problems are a fairly common symptom, but only the rarest form--congenital erythropoietic porphyria--causes severe disfigurement. Just 200 cases of this disease have been diagnosed, surely too few to account for the widespread belief in vampires. In any case, alleged vampires exhumed in the 18th century typically weren't disfigured but appeared as they had in life (except for being dead, of course).

(2) The idea that vampires abhor sunlight was an invention of fiction writers. In Europe during the 18th and 19th centuries, vampires were sometimes reported to have been sighted during the day. Bram Stoker's Dracula was deathly pale, but folkloric vampires, in the Balkans anyway, were said to be ruddy-faced due to blood consumption.

(3) Porphyria victims don't crave blood. Drinking blood will not alleviate their symptoms, nor has there ever been a general belief that it would. The blood chemicals porphyria victims need do not survive digestion.

(4) In light of the preceding, the scenario described in point #4 above is unlikely.

(5) No one has proved that garlic worsens porphyria.

Professor Dolphin never published a formal paper describing his theory. When I phoned, he didn't wish to speak to me and would say only that "it was just speculation" and that "I haven't worked in this area for many years."
Odgovori s citatom

Tematski alati
Opcije prikaza

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 22:02.