Natrag   Forum.hr > Društvo > Politika > Svijet

Svijet Zbivanja u svijetu

Odgovor

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Old 23.03.2004., 18:13   #1
Sudan: zaboravljena ratna zona

Sudan je do 1956. bio britanska kolonija. Od pocetka svoje neovisnosti pa do 1972. i od 1983. do danas u Sudanu traje gradjanski rat izmedju pretezno arapskog sjevera i crnackog juga.

U drugom cinu gradjanskog rata, koji traje od 1983. umrlo je oko 2 milijuna ljudi.

Prosle se godine sukob prosirio i na zapad Sudana, u pokrajinu Darfur, odakle je vec, prema Cadu, pobjeglo oko stotinu tisuca ljudi, dok je tisuce ubijeno.

Za te akcije, vlada u Kartumu ne koristi regularnu vojsku i policiju vec:

Quote:
The government began mobilising a horse or camel-mounted Arab militia - the Janjaweed - to tackle the insurrection.

Now numbering several thousand, this proxy force often carries out attacks on villages and towns taken by rebels shortly after bombings by government aircraft.

Human rights groups have accused the militia of numerous abuses.
Tako je ovih dana do svijeta dosla vijest o brutalnim ubojstvima, mucenjima i silovanjima na zapadu zemlje.

Tisina...

Osim samog gradjansog rata, u Sudanu jos uvijek postoji i ropstvo; procjene o broju robova krecu se izmedju 14,000 i 200,000. Cesto je upravo Vladina vojska sa sjevera ona, koja, u svojim napadima na juzni dio zemlje, ljude odvodi u ropstvo; nakon potpisanog primirja s jugom, koje jos traje, ali otvaranjem novog zarista na zapadu zemlje, izvor robova prebacio se na zapad.

Osim gradjanskog rata u Sudanu vlada i glad, kojoj je zilozeno oko 2.6 milijuna ljudi, sto, u nekim regijama juznog Sudana iznosi i do 60% ukupnog stanovnistva.

Tisina...
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 09:32   #2
Nuba people

Moj prvi susret s narodom Nuba, koji živi na planinskom područuju Sudana, bio je prije par godina kroz emisiju na slovenskoj televiziji. Na žalost zaboravila sam ime autora, Slovenca, koji je riskirajući život otišao u njihov kraj, ilegalno jer sudanske vlasti kriju od svijeta genocid koji provode nad tim ljudima. Njihova kalvarija je počela 50-ih godina, nakon što ih je otkrila "slavna" Lenni Riefenstahl koja je provela neko vrijeme s njima i snimila brojne fotografije i film. Njoj slava, njima početak užasa, jer do tad su bili relativno zaboravljeni od Khartouma.
To je narod izuzetne fizičke ljepote i posebne kulture. U njihovoj civilizaciji golo ljudsko tijelo nije sramota, već ponos, no to se nije svidjelo središnjoj vladi koje je taj "skandal" iskoristilo za pokretanje kampanje "civiliziranja" Nuba naroda.

Quote:
The Nuba - Who are they?
The Nuba people who live in the geographical centre of Sudan are the largest of many non-Arab groups in Northern Sudan and are the descendents of the people of the Kush kingdom of the 8th century. They are in fact an amalgam of dozens of different tribes with different cultures and languages.

For thousands of years the Nuba have occupied most of what is known today as Kordofan Province. But because of successive attacks by the various Arab tribes who invaded Sudan from the 16th century onwards, they retreated to the mountains of South Kordofan which became their permanent homeland and took the name of "Nuba Mountains".

During the British rule in Sudan (1896 –1956) the Nuba Mountains was a separate province with its own administration and its capital at Talodi until it was amalgamated in 1929 into the larger Kordofan. It then remained a ‘closed district’ until shortly before independence in 1956.

The Nuba share South Kordofan with Sudanese Arabs, cattle herders and these are Misiriya Zurug and Hawazma (collectively known as "Baggara"—which means simply "cattle people"). Some Nuba groups historically developed close relations with the Baggara while others were isolated from them, but the relationship was always one of underlying suspicion. The advent of the Baggara was one main factors in driving the Nuba to the mountains.

A second category of Arabs includes Jellaba traders from Khartoum and the Northern Nile valley, and Arab soldiers and administrators. These urban Arabs represent the power of the Sudanese state, and the basic reason for their presence in the Nuba Mountains was - and is - to bring the area and its peoples under the writ of the Central Government.

The central theme of Nuba history is the tension between political incorporation into the state of Sudan and the maintenance of local identity. There is an irony here. Local, tribal identities are strong. But, until recently, many Nuba villagers had no conception of the wider community of the Nuba as a whole. They had little reason to travel to other Nuba areas.

Geography
The geography of the region is central to its history. The Nuba hills themselves rise sharply from the plains, sometimes in long ranges, sometimes as isolated massifs or single crags. They rise some 500-1000 metres from the surrounding plains. The mountains are rocky, with cultivable hill slopes and valleys. Though they dominate the landscape, the area covered by the hills themselves is less than a third of the total area of the Nuba Mountains; the remainder of the land is extensive clay plains, some forested, some farmed.

It is some of the most fertile land in Sudan - a fact that is both a blessing and a curse to the Nuba. While drought-induced famine is almost unknown in the Nuba Mountains, the fertile soils have also attracted the attention of outsiders.

The Nuba Population

The total number of Nuba is not known. The 1955/6 census was the only systematic attempt to enumerate Sudan's different ethnic groups, and found 572,935 Nuba, 61% of the population of South Kordofan. But by that stage there was already large-scale labour migration, so at least another 5% must be added to the figure. On the basis of subsequent censuses and population growth statistics, it can be estimated that by the time the war intensified in 1989, the Nuba population was more than 1.5 million, plus migrants. Since then, the number in the Nuba Mountains has probably decreased, due to deaths, fewer births, and mass out-migration to Khartoum.

There has also been massive population movement within the Nuba Mountains, with hundreds of thousands forcibly displaced to government towns and "peace camps", and a large number living as internal refugees in the areas secured by the SPLA. Currently, the best estimate for the population under the administration of the SPLA is between 350,000 - 400,000 people; those under government control number about one million.

Most of the people in the Nuba Mountains belong to the myriad Nuba tribes. But the presence of other groups indigenous to the area must not be overlooked. Perhaps one quarter of the inhabitants of the region are Arabs, mainly pastoralists, traders and civil servants. There are also non-Arab groups, principally the Daju (an offshoot of a Darfur tribe, living south of Lagowa) and Fellata communities spread throughout the area. The Fellata are descendants of West African immigrants to Sudan, and are farmers, herders and traders.
Nuba survival
Old 24.03.2004., 09:36   #3
Djelić izvještaja African Rights iz 1995.

Quote:
A report from African Rights
Facing Genocide examines the war waged by the Sudan Government against the Nuba people of South Kordofan. This war of annihilation, ten years old this month, is the most closely-guarded secret in Sudan. The region has been sealed off for six years while government forces engage in an all-out assault on the rural Nuba. The appalling human suffering inflicted in this scorched earth policy, and the nightmare of life in "peace camps", where the population is forcibly concentrated, have never been exposed.
African Rights has undertaken the first first-hand investigation of human rights abuses in the Nuba Mountains since the war began. Facing Genocide is the outcome of this investigation: the Sudan Government's blockade has been broken and for the first time, the true story can be told.

A War for the Identity of Sudan
The Nuba number about 1.5 million and live in a hilly region of South Kordofan, in Northern Sudan. Theirs is a notably diverse and tolerant society. Nuba people follow Islam, Christianity and traditional religions, and adherents of different faiths can be found even within a single family. Belonging to more than fifty tribes, and speaking an equal number of languages, the Nuba have astonishingly rich and varied cultures.
To the government in Khartoum, the Nuba are an anomaly: a people proud of their "Africa-ness" in the heart of Northern Sudan. Successive governments have discriminated against the Nuba: in education, in development, in social services, and in political office. Northern elites have also seized much of their fertile land for huge mechanised farms. Nuba migrant workers in northern towns experienced blatant racial discrimination. By the mid-1980s, many Nuba youth turned to armed resistance and joined the Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA). The then Prime Minister, Sadiq el Mahdi, unleased a vicious response. The military government of President Omer al Bashir and Hassan al Turabi, that seized power in 1989, have escalated this into a war of annihilation.

Against enormous odds, the Nuba have survived so far. But theirs is a bitter struggle for the highest stakes. The government's programme is dedicated to the eradication of all that is essential to Nuba society - whose very existence challenges the foundation of the government's claim that it can create an Islamic state in Northern Sudan because all the citizens are Moslems who support that goal. The war in the Nuba Mountains is a war for the identity of Sudan.

Genocide need not be perpetrated by huge massacres. There are more insidious but equally effective ways of committing the crime. The Sudan Government is committing genocide by attrition: it is slowly and methodically grinding down the society and economy of the Nuba to a point where they simply do not exist. Meanwhile, in the garrison towns, 'peace camps' and mechanised farming schemes, the government is remoulding the political and social identity of the Nuba by force: the aim is to transform them into a deracinated underclass, the loyal servants of an extremist Islamic state.

Africa Rights' report details the components of this genocide. The centre of the strategy is huge 'combing' operations in the rural areas, in which the army destroys whole swathes of rural Nubaland. The army avoids confronting the SPLA, and instead they burn undefended villages, destroy or loot food crops, steal animals, and destroy all peoples' possessions. The people who remain in rural areas are dressed in rags, without medicines, and reduced to destitution. The aim is to create permanent famine, so that the SPLA soldiers surrender or run away, and the villagers submit themselves to the government 'peace camps', hoping at least to be fed.

For several years, the Sudan Government has been systematically eliminating all independent Nuba leadership: chiefs, merchants, teachers, health workers - in fact anyone with an education - is liable to be arrested and tortured, executed or 'disappeared'. The aim is to decapitate communities and leave them without the means to defend their interests. Having completed the elimination of all actual or potential leaders in the towns, the government has turned to the villages. It has set up death squads that assassinate village leaders and educated people.

Ordinary people are killed too. In each army attack, soldiers arbitrarily gun down anyone they find. Old people who cannot run away, young children, adult men - all are liable to be shot on sight, or burned inside their houses. The army also shells defenceless villages to terrorise and kill.

One of the main aims of 'combing' is to capture civilians. Thousands of men, women and children are captured when their villages are surrounded, or are snatched while tending their crops, herding their animals, or collecting water. Many people run to hide in caves to escape government attacks, but they are driven even from these refuges by hunger and thirst, or by attacks using tear gas. Captives are taken to garrisons, forced to carry their own looted furniture, or drive their own stolen animals in front of them.

These captives - or 'returnees', as the government calls them - usually never see their families or villages again. Men are either killed or forcibly conscripted into a militia known as the 'People's Defence Force'. Many are tortured. Women are raped and forced to work, often in special labour camps. All but the youngest children are separated for 'schooling' - i.e. conversion to Islam and training for a role in the new, extremist Islamic Sudan...
Cijeli izvjestaj
Old 24.03.2004., 10:25   #4
ja bih dodao muslimanskog sjevera i katolickog juga.

UN je stavio na stranu miljardu dolara za mirovnu misiju ali naravno tek kad zaracene strane potpisu primirje.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 10:42   #5
Old 24.03.2004., 12:06   #6
Tomo Križnar je autor slovenskog dokumentarca kojeg sam gledala. Svaka mu čast

Quote:
During his first visit to the Nubia mountains in 1980, Tomo Križnar encountered the healthiest and most satisfied people. He called them pure people. After nineteen years and two million casualties of the Sudan civil war, Tomo smuggles his way through the besieged areas on a bicycle and crosses the border between the supervised and unsupervised planet, capturing on video the scenes of one of the most brutal genocides in the world, yet ignored by politicians world-wide. Save the Nubians, save ourselves
Nešto više o dokumentarcu
Old 24.03.2004., 12:21   #7
Quote:
Roko kaže:
ja bih dodao muslimanskog sjevera i katolickog juga.

UN je stavio na stranu miljardu dolara za mirovnu misiju ali naravno tek kad zaracene strane potpisu primirje.
Da, sukob se uvijek predstavljao i kao vjerski: muslimanski sjever protiv krscansko-animistickog juga, medjutim, u zadnjem valu nasilja, na zapadu, obje su strane muslimani - Arapi protiv domorodaca - crnaca.

Inace, citala sam clanak o djeci, koja su pobjegla iz ropstva .

O autorici clanka vise na FreeWorldNow.com
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 12:29   #8
Quote:
rambi kaže:
Da, sukob se uvijek predstavljao i kao vjerski: muslimanski sjever protiv krscansko-animistickog juga, medjutim, u zadnjem valu nasilja, na zapadu, obje su strane muslimani - Arapi protiv domorodaca - crnaca.

Inace, citala sam clanak o djeci, koja su pobjegla iz ropstva .
Malo pojasni ovo obje strane protiv domorodaca? Koliko sam znala, situacija je uvijek bila napeta između domorodaca i Arapa/muslimana?

Papa Ivan Pavao II je na svojoj turneji po Africi održao misu u Khartoumu 1993. (nije mogao u južni dio), gdje se je "usudio" prozboriti i o ponašanju islamskog vodstva prema drugima. Misleći pri tom i na ostale ne-islamske narode, no na žalost govorio je u vjetar...
Old 24.03.2004., 12:41   #9
Ajme, doslovce mi je pozlilo čitajući njen izvještaj o silovanim dječacima-robovima...To je prestrašno...

Zadnje uređivanje crtica : 24.03.2004. at 13:23.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 12:52   #10
U Sudanu je vec godinama na djelu genocid, to je sve sto obican covjek moze nacuti.

Upravo zbog tisine koja vlada u svjetskim medijima, ja nemam pojma o osnovnim cinjenicama. I stid me je sto ne znam. I svakog covjeka ponaosob bi trebalo biti stid.

Osim recimo tipova kao sto je Phil ciji komentar na ovu temu, ako ga bude, ce biti krajnje odvratan i degutantan.
A upravo u takvim razmisljanjima treba traziti uzroke zvjerstava.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 12:55   #11
Pa, upravo ovdje imaš prigodu nešto više saznati.

I bilo bi dobro da se ovdje govori u svoje ime, a ne koristi ova tema za obračune s drugim forumašima, te da ne dođemo sa genocida u Sudanu do 1945. na našim prostorima.
Old 24.03.2004., 12:58   #12
Nisam zelio nikoga prozivati vec sam se sjetio kakvo misljenje o Africi imaju pojedine osobe, i onda mi dodje blago receno da povratim.

Neki ljudi afrikance ne gledaju kao ljudska bica.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 13:02   #13
Quote:
crtica kaže:
Malo pojasni ovo obje strane protiv domorodaca? Koliko sam znala, situacija je uvijek bila napeta između domorodaca i Arapa/muslimana?

Papa Ivan Pavao II je na svojoj turneji po Africi održao misu u Khartoumu 1993. (nije mogao u južni dio), gdje se je "usudio" prozboriti i o ponašanju islamskog vodstva prema drugima. Misleći pri tom i na ostale ne-islamske narode, no na žalost govorio je u vjetar...
Da, uvijek je bila borba izmedju Arapa i crnaca... s tim da, dok je sukob bio samo na jugu, taj se sukob mogao okarakterizirati i kao sukob islama s jedne i krscanstva te animizma s druge strane. Medjutim, prosirenjem sukoba na zapad, gdje je stanovnistvo domorodacko-crnacko, ali muslimansko, sukob jasnije poprima rasni karakter.

Mi smo, nazalost, tek na pocetku iskorjenjivanja europskog rasizma... sto se ide juznije, ili istocnije, rasizam je sve zesci i brutalniji.

Off Topic:
U Izraelu postoje starosjedilacki gastarbajteri - Filipinci i izuzetno je zanimljivo gledati nacin na koji se oni, s visoka, odnose prema novijim gastarbajterima - Juznoafrikancima, Nigerijcima, ljudima iz Gane...Na rasizam, nazalost, nitko nije imun.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 13:03   #14
Quote:
Vanjushka kaže:
Nisam zelio nikoga prozivati vec sam se sjetio kakvo misljenje o Africi imaju pojedine osobe, i onda mi dodje blago receno da povratim.

Neki ljudi afrikance ne gledaju kao ljudska bica.
Čuj, imenovao si ga, pa se bojim kako možemo očekivati razvoj teme u tom pogledu...Rasizam ide uvijek na sramotu onog tko ga zastupa, a zahvaljujući entuzijastima cijelog svijeta (npr. Križnar, Sliwa...) kad-tad se ovakvi užasi otkriju...No, na žalost vladari svijeta (čitaj naftne kompanije i njima slični) ne mare puno za "sitnice", a UN i njegove organizacije postaju same sebi svrha.
Old 24.03.2004., 13:07   #15
Quote:
crtica kaže:
Pa, upravo ovdje imaš prigodu nešto više saznati.
Moram priznati da nisam znala ovoliko o Sudanu; clanci su odlicni (i beskrajno tuzni).

I jos uvijek tisina...
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 13:13   #16
Quote:
rambi kaže:
Moram priznati da nisam znala ovoliko o Sudanu; clanci su odlicni (i beskrajno tuzni).

I jos uvijek tisina...
Nadam se da se nećeš naljutiti zbog ovog linka, kojeg dajem samo iz razloga što su na njemu fotografije Nuba svijeta kojeg više nema. I pojašnjenja njihovog svakodnevnog života.

Nuba svijet

Križnar je snimio izvanredan dokumentarac (kojeg vrla HTV nije nikad prikazala?!) i srce me boli na pomisao kakva prekrasna kultura nestaje...Ti "divljaci" kako budale mnoge misle, su njega Slovenca prigrlile kao brata i uvele ga u svoje kuće, srca...

p.s. ako smeta, skidam link, ok?
Old 24.03.2004., 13:16   #17
Naravno da ne smeta ... nije mi bila namjera otvoriti topic u kojem bi se raspravljalo o nafti i mirovnom pregovorima, vec podsjetiti da se, u ime ne znam cega, nad citavim narodom vrsi genocid, a svijet suti.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.03.2004., 13:21   #18

Moram priznat', da sam zaboravila na ovu priču, upravo zato što nitko ništa ne govori, nema ekskluzivnih reportaža...
Old 24.03.2004., 13:49   #19
Svojstvo iskrenog muslimana je u tome da ne krije istinu koja se tiče i ostalih ljudi pa makar i njegova glava išla.

Rambi je iznijela i obratila pažnju na ljude koju su protijerani, ubijani silovani..... šta se sve već ne dešava u Sudanu.

Međutim htijla bih obratiti da ovaj topik neće kod mene uspijeti omesti pažnju i na Palestince i Izrael.

Gdje su palestinci civili ubijani, dijece bebe, žive po rezervatima. Gdje im neprijatelj, židov naravno, kontroliše i zagađuje vodu. Omalovažava zamotane i časne muslimanke te uništava njenu maternicu sa zagađenom vodom da nebi rađala bebe muslimane.

I to sve radi jedan "moderan" narod!! "školovan"!!!

Rambi, jasno se vidi da ti nije bila namijera da pokažeš istinu istinom već da svoja ogavna dijela skrijete. To je način na koji radite.

Ovaj svijet nije nikad bio bez rata ali nemoraš idalje da zavađaš muslimane i kršćane. Barem ti to kod mene nepali a drugi znaju za sebe.

Stidi se svojih iznošenja ne radi pokazivanje stanje već radi sakrivanja tvojih interesa i radi unošenja nereda između muslimana i kršćana.
Sram te bilo!!!
Old 24.03.2004., 13:52   #20
Quote:
Vanjushka kaže:
Osim recimo tipova kao sto je Phil ciji komentar na ovu temu, ako ga bude, ce biti krajnje odvratan i degutantan.
A upravo u takvim razmisljanjima treba traziti uzroke zvjerstava.
Pa da. Evo ja sam se bas vratio iz Sudana gdje sam isao nagovarati inace miroljubive stanovnike te zemlje da se malo pokolju jer mene divljaka to neobicno veseli.

I tako bijelci poput mene vec godinama nagovaraju crnce i muslimane da se kolju jer ih tako mogu lakse izrabljivati. Naravno, kad bi se crnci sredili i poceli bogatiti to nama ne bi odgovaralo jer bi onda mi imali manje. To je sve zato sto je ekonomija zero-sum game i ukupni GDP planete je ogranicen i konstantan.

To sve nema nikakve veze s tim sto su Afrikanci i vecina Arapa najobicniji zatucani divljaci kojima zivot ne vrijedi pisljiva boba.

:klap: za Vanju
Odgovori s citatom
Odgovor

Tematski alati
Opcije prikaza

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 03:38.