Natrag   Forum.hr > Lifestyle > Automobili

Automobili Život na kotačima
Podforumi: Nautika, Motori i skuteri, Autoplin

Odgovor

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Old 27.01.2009., 10:14   #1
Auto iz EU

Bok svima.
Nisam Hrvat, i mislim da moj hrvatski nije dosta dobar da me razumijete. Nadam se da mogu pisati na engleski (mozete vi odgovoriti na HR ako vama je lakse)

ok.

I am French, and I am currently living in Croatia. (Married to a Croatian citizen, and working under a "no-limit" contract).
Every year I have to renew my "visa" to be allowed to stay in Croatia. It means that I am here only "temporary".
I would like to take advantage of it, and to buy my car in Europe (France I believe) because i could save something like 5 to 6 thousand euros on the price of a new car.

As me and my wife will be driving this car here in Croatia, I would like to know what I exactly need to do here in Croatia to allow it.
I believe there are three solutions :
1 - I Import the car in Croatia :
+ : Me and my wife can drive it. I can resell the car in Croatia if needed. I can use a Croatian Insurance
- : Costs a lot of money. I do not plan to stay in Croatia forever, so what do I do with the car when I go back in france?
2- I send a request for a "temporary immatriculation" (I believe the green tables)
+ : looks a lot cheaper
- : I do not have any idea about how to do that
3- I register my car in france and I drive it here in croatia
+ : costs nothing to me
- : my wife can not drive it legally (as far as I understood)

My problem is that I dont know where to find help and information. Do you think I should go to the MUP? French Ambassy? Anywhere else?

Does anybody have any advice?

Thank you for reading me. Hopefully someone will be able to guide me a little.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 11:22   #2
Ask our Custom. I think this is the best and easiest solution (because of constantly changing rules and regulations).
Try 0800 - 1222 or 01 6102-333
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 11:46   #3
Thank you a lot for this answer.

I did not think about that, and I am sure they must have answers to my question.

I only hope they will not try to "force" me to import the car if there are other valid solutions.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 12:05   #4
Quote:
ptah kaže: Pogledaj post
Thank you a lot for this answer.

I did not think about that, and I am sure they must have answers to my question.

I only hope they will not try to "force" me to import the car if there are other valid solutions.
Usually they are fair. If you have possibility to drive a car with French licenceplate - they will allow you to do so.
There are several possibilities, as far as I know, you to drive your own car - but for obvious reason I never investigate it

As an alternative you can ask our auto club - HAK - they also have some kind of "counselling". But my first choice will be the custom.

Let us know the results.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 12:07   #5
me english know to isto
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 15:09   #6
Quote:
CDRW kaže: Pogledaj post
Usually they are fair. If you have possibility to drive a car with French licenceplate - they will allow you to do so.
There are several possibilities, as far as I know, you to drive your own car - but for obvious reason I never investigate it

As an alternative you can ask our auto club - HAK - they also have some kind of "counselling". But my first choice will be the custom.

Let us know the results.
I will keep you updated.
Beeing a foreigner in Croatia is not really easy! Even French! Your administration makes everything extremely complicated

Driving a car with French licence plates shouldn't be a real problem (some friends of mine are doing it), since the police doesn't know much about Croatian rules. (I say that according to my previous expirience ).

What I really want is to allow my wife to drive this car.

Keeping the car registered in France has other advantages, like first technical control after 4 years (for a new car) and then every second year

Thank you again for your advices, and for doing it in English. The HAK is also a good idea in case I need more details.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 15:12   #7
Quote:
I will keep you updated.
Beeing a foreigner in Croatia is not really easy!
Beeing a Croatian in Croatia is even harder.
Old 27.01.2009., 15:35   #8
Quote:
babarej kaže: Pogledaj post
Beeing a Croatian in Croatia is even harder.
He sees only his (as an foreign citizen) own problems. Maybe to ask his wife? About problems I think.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 15:57   #9
Quote:
I will keep you updated.
Beeing a foreigner in Croatia is not really easy! Even French! Your administration makes everything extremely complicated

Driving a car with French licence plates shouldn't be a real problem (some friends of mine are doing it), since the police doesn't know much about Croatian rules. (I say that according to my previous expirience ).

What I really want is to allow my wife to drive this car.

Keeping the car registered in France has other advantages, like first technical control after 4 years (for a new car) and then every second year

Thank you again for your advices, and for doing it in English. The HAK is also a good idea in case I need more details.
I don't know whether you've tried this, but perhaps you could keep the car on French plates and give your wife a power of attorney ("punomoć") to drive the car. Try asking a notary public ("javni bilježnik"). I don't know whether this is actually legal or not but that probably isn't particularly important as the police are a bit thick and probably have no idea whether this is allowed. So, in case they stop your wife, they'd most likely let her go.

Disclaimer: I don't know whether this would work and I am not suggesting you do it if it is not legal.

P.S. Please don't bring in a German car
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 16:51   #10
Quote:
Gazda kaže: Pogledaj post
I don't know whether you've tried this, but perhaps you could keep the car on French plates and give your wife a power of attorney ("punomoć") to drive the car. Try asking a notary public ("javni bilježnik"). I don't know whether this is actually legal or not but that probably isn't particularly important as the police are a bit thick and probably have no idea whether this is allowed. So, in case they stop your wife, they'd most likely let her go.

Disclaimer: I don't know whether this would work and I am not suggesting you do it if it is not legal.

P.S. Please don't bring in a German car
no can do.

za takvo nešto postoji zelena tablica, i tek tada i njegova žena može voziti taj auto (i policijoti to znaju). ali onda postoji obaveza ponovnog uvoza (ili slično sranje) svakih 6 mjeseci ili godinu dana kad mu ističe viza.

postoje 3 solucije, kako je i sam naveo.
-francuske tablice ali žena nemre voziti
-hr tablice, ali onda košta više i (mislim) da mora biti regan na ženu
-zelene tablice, izdaje ih MUP strancima sa privremenim boravkom ali postoje problemi jer je auto samo privremeni uvoz.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 16:53   #11
haha thank you guys for the answers and the good laugh.

I never said that beeing a Croatian in Croatia was something easy. Administration is really slow, but at least it moves.

In my case, where ever I go, they keep asking for my "Croatian Passport" ... And I keep answering that I don't have any, because I am a foreigner! And after some month they understand that I am not Croatian...
Whatever, I should not complain, nobody asked me to come

Policemen are really fun over here! They caught me driving 70 instead of 50, driving a Croatian car (my wife was with me). And the guy starts explaining that I am NOT allowed to drive a Croatian car in Croatia ...
We replied to this by saying that a Croatian Inspector said I was allowed to ... and his answer was "oh if he said so"

I would like to do things as legaly as possible, for the good reason that if my wife ever has an accident with a Brand new car, I would like to make sure my Insurance will cover the costs !

Some people already advised us to try this "punomoc" story, but it sounded too easy! I could try to ask someone in this "javni bilježnik".

And about the car, no worry, it should not be a German car...but it might be a french one ... i don't know what's worse! This could bring me to a second question (any advice about a car model), but I don't know if I have to open a new topic or if we can discuss it here ... what do you guys think? Do you feel like talking english longer ?
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 16:59   #12
Quote:
I wonder kaže: Pogledaj post
no can do.

za takvo nešto postoji zelena tablica, i tek tada i njegova žena može voziti taj auto (i policijoti to znaju). ali onda postoji obaveza ponovnog uvoza (ili slično sranje) svakih 6 mjeseci ili godinu dana kad mu ističe viza.

postoje 3 solucije, kako je i sam naveo.
-francuske tablice ali žena nemre voziti
-hr tablice, ali onda košta više i (mislim) da mora biti regan na ženu
-zelene tablice, izdaje ih MUP strancima sa privremenim boravkom ali postoje problemi jer je auto samo privremeni uvoz.

volim te

The solution 3 is the one we are trying to apply.
The green table story. I register my car in France, and then get these tables since I am only here as a temporary citizen.

But where do I have to request these tables ? The MUP ? (I feel like I am there all the time ... MUP is like your second home when you are a foreigner )

edit : you can keep writing in croatian.

Zadnje uređivanje ptah : 27.01.2009. at 17:08.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 17:00   #13
Quote:
haha thank you guys for the answers and the good laugh.

I never said that beeing a Croatian in Croatia was something easy. Administration is really slow, but at least it moves.

In my case, where ever I go, they keep asking for my "Croatian Passport" ... And I keep answering that I don't have any, because I am a foreigner! And after some month they understand that I am not Croatian...
Whatever, I should not complain, nobody asked me to come

Policemen are really fun over here! They caught me driving 70 instead of 50, driving a Croatian car (my wife was with me). And the guy starts explaining that I am NOT allowed to drive a Croatian car in Croatia ...
We replied to this by saying that a Croatian Inspector said I was allowed to ... and his answer was "oh if he said so"

I would like to do things as legaly as possible, for the good reason that if my wife ever has an accident with a Brand new car, I would like to make sure my Insurance will cover the costs !

Some people already advised us to try this "punomoc" story, but it sounded too easy! I could try to ask someone in this "javni bilježnik".

And about the car, no worry, it should not be a German car...but it might be a french one ... i don't know what's worse! This could bring me to a second question (any advice about a car model), but I don't know if I have to open a new topic or if we can discuss it here ... what do you guys think? Do you feel like talking english longer ?
Someone above just said that the "punomoć" idea doesn't work, so forget about it then, I guess.

As for choosing the car, it's an easy one. Regardless of your budget, you'll be recommended one of the following cars, by different camps:

- Fiat Panda
- Ford Focus/Mazda 3
- Honda Jazz
- Kia Proce'e'd
- used Volkswagen Passat TDI.

Then sit back and watch the fight.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 17:12   #14
Quote:
volim te

The green table story. I register my car in France, and then get these tables since I am only here as a temporary citizen.

But where do I have to request these tables ? The MUP ? (I feel like I am there all the time ... MUP is like your second home when you are a foreigner )
MUP heinzlova street, come in the morning, at the desk, ask for "manager of motor vehicles department" (in cro: voditeljica sektora motornih vozila).
explain the situation and she will tell you everything you need.

among other things, you don't have to register your new vehicle in france. 1st registration can be here, but it's easier to have it registered. just in case you want to take it back to france one day.
or, you can pay franch price and have the car delivered to you here, in croatia.

EDIT: e jebi ga. slijedeći ide na hr.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 17:14   #15
Quote:
volim te

Yes - MUP. But ask first what kind of document you need. And it will be lot of documents.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 17:15   #16
yeah i saw the post about the punomoc not being so punomoc at the end !

about the car I was more thinking about a battle between R5 turbo and 205 Gt ...

I am allowing myself something like 18 to 19k €.
I am not looking for a sport car. I happen to travel between France and Croatia (not alone) so the car needs to be big enough to drive 4 people + their luggage.

For that money in france the battle is :
Mazda 5 2.0
Kia cee'd SW 1.6
407 SW
Laguna 3 estate 1.5 110 (maybe too weak and a bit over 19k)
Seat Altea XL

But my choice is still not made. Needs to fit to my wife

So if you have suggestions, I am listening.
PS : do not even compare with the croatian prices ...
Laguna 3 estate 2.0 in france : 20k , the same in croatia 27k !
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 17:19   #17
Quote:

I don't know the answer to your original question, but you seem to be getting assistance from other forum members, but I can help you with this problem...

You are allowed to drive a Croatian car in Croatia... I mean, if you weren't allowed to do that, what would the point of rent-a-car services be?
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 17:19   #18
Don't go that way .... please don't. You will end up (as Gazda said) with endless battle between German, Italian, Franch and Far East carmaker "fan's"
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 17:19   #19
Quote:
I wonder kaže: Pogledaj post
MUP heinzlova street, come in the morning, at the desk, ask for "manager of motor vehicles department" (in cro: voditeljica sektora motornih vozila).
explain the situation and she will tell you everything you need.

among other things, you don't have to register your new vehicle in france. 1st registration can be here, but it's easier to have it registered. just in case you want to take it back to france one day.
or, you can pay franch price and have the car delivered to you here, in croatia.

EDIT: e jebi ga. slijedeći ide na hr.
Come on man you speak a perfect English ...

Mogao bih pisati na hr ali jos se borim s padezima !!!! onda zvucim smjesno! and i don't always make sense

I will contact the MUP as soon as possible and ask them what they exactly need.

Thank you a lot for your help and for doing it in English ! (I'm french, I surely hate english more than you do )
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2009., 17:20   #20
Quote:
CDRW kaže: Pogledaj post
Yes - MUP. But ask first what kind of document you need. And it will be lot of documents.
ništa posebno.

rješenje o statusu, potvrdu o vlasništvu auta, tehnički pregled, osiguranje i sve one uplatnice za hrvatske dokumente. neznam dal plaća cestarinu.
Odgovori s citatom
Odgovor

Tematski alati
Opcije prikaza

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 12:10.