Natrag   Forum.hr > Kultura i zabava > Glazba

Glazba Rock around the clock
Podforumi: Play liste, Stvaranje glazbe, Zabavna glazba, Gitaristički kutak

Odgovor

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Old 01.09.2007., 12:48   #1
Jack Oblivian & The Tennessee Tearjerkers + Harlan T. Bobo & The Chimps @ KSET

Da, dobro ste videli. Legendarni garažni roker (Jack Oblivian) i šef koji poslednjih par godina pravi ršum na singer/songwriter sceni (Harlan T. Bobo) sviraće u KSET-u u ponedeljak, 17. septembra sa svojim bendovima. Više o obojici:

http://www.myspace.com/officialjackoblivian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Yarber
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblivians
http://www.myspace.com/harlantbobo
http://www.harlantbobo.com/
http://www.goner-records.com/harlantbobo/
http://www.badmusicforbadpeople.com/...emphis-tn-usa/

Jack Oblivian biografija:

Since 1999, when Jack Yarber formed the Tennessee Tearjerkers, the group has morphed from a lean, coulda-shoulda-rocked-CBGB’s unit into a sprawling, Stones-influenced bar band. However, as evidenced on the Tearjerkers’ latest record, Jack O. Is the Flipside Kid, Yarber himself — veteran of legendary local groups including the Compulsive Gamblers and the Oblivians, — has hardly changed a bit. “I feel like the same person,” Yarber says of the evolution, which has also found him playing in countless small garage combos, such as Loose Diamonds and the Knaughty Knights. Just before Thanksgiving, Yarber returned from a six-week European tour with Harlan T. Bobo, which took the Memphians from Paris to Linkoping, Sweden. For the trip, which also included keyboard player Adam Woodard, Yarber temporarily replaced the Tearjerkers’ precision rhythm section of Terrence Bishop and John Bonds with Bobo and drummer Paul Buchignani; during Bobo’s sets, Yarber traded his guitar and lead mic for the bass. Bobo and Yarber replicated those overseas performances during Memphis Roller Derby’s Ho Ho Ho Burlesque Show at the Hi-Tone Café last Saturday night. True to form, Yarber alternately snarled like Iggy Pop, crooned like Nat King Cole, and drawled his lyrics like a down-on-his-luck Hank Williams. One song in, he even relinquished his lead position to Preacher’s Kids frontman Tyler Keith, who leapt from the audience to deliver a frenzied version of “Honky Tonk Women” before smashing the microphone to the stage. Unfazed and perfectly willing to be upstaged, Yarber just shrugged, picked up the mic, and soldiered on. Because he makes it look so simple, it’s easy to overlook the sheer talent that Yarber possesses, especially in a live environment, when the beer is flowing and the dance floor is shaking under the stomping of a hundred pairs of feet. Put on any of his albums, which include 2001’s Bad Mood Rising and 2005’s Don’t Throw Your Love Away, and you’ll be blown away by the diversity of material, which runs the gamut from well-worn R&B covers to a version of Van Halen’s “D.O.A. Blues.” Yet it’s Yarber’s originals that really shine: Listen to the dirgy “Flipside Kid,” the taut, western-influenced “Til the Money Runs Out,” or the fuzzy feedback that drives “Hong Kong Girl,” and you’ll hear the sound of a man who’s comfortable in his own skin. Replay “Golden Age,” which divulges just a few seconds in that “she’s a tragedy,” or the next song, which opens with the line, “Well, let me tell ya about Knick the Knife,” and you’ll get sucked into his pulp-fiction world, which is populated with human Frankensteins, cemetery freaks, and bad girls galore. Yarber’s songwriting skills make the album, recorded in various locations in Detroit and Memphis, sound cohesive, whether tracks feature a full band, drummer Mark Sultan, or just Yarber himself. “Do you think that if I didn’t list the information [in the liner notes], people would notice?” Yarber wonders. “I recorded it over a long period of time. I found out that it’s hard to create an album over a single weekend. ‘Knick the Knife’ came from a Johnny Vomit [and the Dry Heaves, one of Yarber’s longest-running side projects, which dates back to his high school days in Corinth, Mississippi] jam session. Some songs, like ‘Golden Age,’ were instrumentals that I found lyrics for, and a few were cut after I got my four-track machine repaired and I was just trying to see if it was working. The real challenge is doing it live, going from one style to another. The band usually figures it out, knowing when to rock out and when to lay back and swing.” It’s a pretty nonchalant attitude for someone who’s toiled in the music business for two decades while watching friends rocket to success around him. Yet Yarber’s hardly the bitter type. It takes plenty of prodding to get him to talk about the time he persuaded Jack and Meg White to come to Memphis, where they would ultimately record their breakthrough album, White Blood Cells, or admit that MTV faves the Hives have been covering his originals onstage. When asked why he prefers to remain in town, where he’s often forced to pick up a day job to pay his bills, Yarber shrugs. “I’ve made a lot of trips to Detroit, and I thought about living there,” he notes. “But after being up there for a week, I couldn’t really see the difference between Detroit and Memphis. And besides, I did move away. I came from Corinth to Memphis. Here I am.”

Harlan T. Bobo najava sa Goner Records sajta:

Even after his debut release, too much love, captured the imagination of Memphis' music lovers, Harlan T. Bobo still remains a mystery. Arriving in Memphis nine years ago after traveling a route as circuitous as that of any fugitive, Harlan has been busy endearing himself to local fans and soaking up as much of the city's rich musical history as possible. Instead of shedding light on the man behind the music, his intensely personal lyrics have actually served to help perpetuate his enigmatic persona. However, with the release of his second album, I'm Your Man, one thing about Harlan T. Bobo can no longer remain an uncertainty -- his musical talent is the real thing. It's true, the man with a name that could've come straight from A Confederacy of Dunces can write classic heartbreaker songs with the best of 'em.

Whereas too much love was about a relationship's soul-wrenching dissolution, I'm Your Man is the post-breakup album- dealing with a wide array of emotions -- from fits of false confidence to the comforts of self-delusion to the relapses of despair. In terms of George Jones albums, too much love is Memories of Us and I'm Your Man is The Battle. Accordingly, the musical styles on I'm Your Man are more varied than on his debut. The playful whimsy of the opener, "I'm Your Man," is immediately offset by the unhinged heaviness of "God's Lamb," a powerful, propulsive number that could stand alongside Nick Cave's Book-of-Relevations-styled stompers. The aggressive, distorted voice on "Sick of It" surely can't belong to the same guy who is practically whispering on such fragile, gentle songs as "Baptist Memorial" and "Pretty Foolish Things."

The songs on I'm Your Man were definitely written by Harlan with performance in mind and it shows. There is a theatrical nature to the songs, most noticeable on the monologues and dark cabaret style of "My Life." Fans of the first album should not fear, however, that Harlan has completely changed his style. The majority of the songs on I'm Your Man undeniably contain his signature elements -- tuneful country-fied, nocturnal laments and articulate, discomforting lyrics in the confessional vein. What listener could remain unaffected when Harlan sings remorsefully of babies unborn in "So Bad?" or when he desperately tells an ex-paramour, "you'll wish you'd stayed," on "One of These Days," arguably one of his best songs yet.

The Memphis influence stands out most on the white soul stirrer, "Last Step," which could have been pilfered from Dan Penn's back catalog. It's impossible to be a musician in Memphis and not be inspired by the fascinatingly diverse tradition of the city's musical output. Though his debts are occasionally discernible, his newest ultimately reveals that Harlan is finding his own unique voice. He's already won the collective heart of Memphis, it's time for the rest of the country to discover him. He's too good to be a secret any longer.

Harlan T. Bobo: Voice, Guitar, Organ
Jeremy Scott: Bass, Voice
Paul Buchignani: Drums
with
Jonathan Kirkscey: Cello
Chang Lee: String Bass

+ recenzija sa Pičforka: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...92-im-your-man

Ako neko želi da skine po 2 albuma ili 5 pesama od harlana i 10 od jacka neka pronađe linkove ovde:
http://forum.b92.net/index.php?showt...post&p=1862358
Odgovori s citatom
Old 01.09.2007., 13:00   #2
kakva prekrasna vijest
Odgovori s citatom
Old 01.09.2007., 13:21   #3
Old 01.09.2007., 16:44   #4
Lijepo.
Old 01.09.2007., 19:56   #5

oćel bit kakvog pijenja u okolici prije
Odgovori s citatom
Old 01.09.2007., 22:17   #6
Sigurno. Pa . Pa .
Old 02.09.2007., 16:07   #7
vec sam ionako planirala uzeti godisnji taj dan iz drugih razloga.
Old 03.09.2007., 14:52   #8
Arrow

karte će koštati 40kn (pretprodaja!!) i 50kn (na ulazu!!).
Odgovori s citatom
Old 03.09.2007., 15:43   #9
A doć će se, normalno.
Old 03.09.2007., 16:30   #10
Zaaaaaaaaaaaaakon!
Odgovori s citatom
Old 04.09.2007., 11:39   #11
evo kako izgleda 3x3 metra veliki bilbord ispred skc-a, a istovremeno i plakat za bg koncert:

Odgovori s citatom
Old 04.09.2007., 12:03   #12
uf uf...ja sam već ozbiljno planirao do Graza...hvala dobrim ljudima...

Nego, na njegovom my space-u piše za Zagreb da svira u &td?
Old 04.09.2007., 12:12   #13
loše piše, a i on baš nešto ne ažurira myspace stranice.
100% je kset u pitanju!
Odgovori s citatom
Old 04.09.2007., 13:17   #14
Old 06.09.2007., 15:05   #15
Arrow žikica simić

U nedelju od 19 do 21 samo na radiju b92 legenda jugoslovenske rokenrol kritike, Žikica Simić, puna 2 sata tj. čitavu svoju emisiju 'Dole na uglu' posvetiće Jacku Oblivianu i Harlanu T. Bobou. Sve to možete da slušate preko interneta, a link je na: http://www.b92.net/
Odgovori s citatom
Old 13.09.2007., 15:13   #16
Quote:
bad music kaže: Pogledaj post
U nedelju od 19 do 21 samo na radiju b92 legenda jugoslovenske rokenrol kritike, Žikica Simić, puna 2 sata tj. čitavu svoju emisiju 'Dole na uglu' posvetiće Jacku Oblivianu i Harlanu T. Bobou. Sve to možete da slušate preko interneta, a link je na: http://www.b92.net/

Okto, jesi li slushao? Chitao? Ima li i tu plesne muzike?!

How to incubate a sausage ?
Odgovori s citatom
Old 13.09.2007., 16:08   #17
Quote:
truch2 kaže: Pogledaj post
Okto, jesi li slushao? Chitao? Ima li i tu plesne muzike?!
Jesam. Knjiga izvrsna. Nema plesne muzike.
Gotta bust that box gotta gut that fish
Odgovori s citatom
Old 16.09.2007., 06:23   #18
hm, dirtbombs koncerti su buranija spram jack obliviana. velika tačka!!
najbolji rokenrol koncert ikada!!

http://filmuzika.informe.com/viewtopic.php?p=5582#5582
Odgovori s citatom
Old 16.09.2007., 06:31   #19
jebem vas srecne
Odgovori s citatom
Old 16.09.2007., 09:08   #20
Quote:
bad music kaže: Pogledaj post
hm, dirtbombs koncerti su buranija spram jack obliviana. velika tačka!!
najbolji rokenrol koncert ikada!!

http://filmuzika.informe.com/viewtopic.php?p=5582#5582
Please enter your username and password to log in.
Odgovor

Tematski alati
Opcije prikaza

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 05:09.