Natrag   Forum.hr > Društvo > Društvene znanosti > Jezikoslovlje

Jezikoslovlje Za pravopiždžije i jezikolomce

Odgovor

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Old 23.10.2022., 13:54   #1161
Me ..Objectively

Thanks everyone for an invaluably positive feedback. I appreciate that very muchly and I must admit it overwhelmed me with guilt and has brought a tear in my eyes. Seriously.

Time is now propitious for my self education in foreign languages to continue. I am unfortunate that my commercial education consists mainly of illiterate sheep advising me to create my own opportunities and encouraging me to reach for the stars. I did reach so far as to Star Pizza a takeaway where I do a part time night shift jobs as a dishwasher and busser.

The only way forward I've figured is to use my English language expertise in Adriatic nautical tourism. Without further ado let me muddle through the I vs Me therapy . I covered a lot educational material and the crux is I is a subject whereas Me is an object. Let's use an example or two of the aforementioned stative verbs which are followed by objective pronoun: This forum owns you and me. This knowledge belongs to every lurker and me alike. Another trick is simple as. After prepositions if I talk about myself I use ME. Examples: This is between you and me. Another oner: The invaluable posts are provided from the unwilling participants and me.

I could go on like this forever but I assume average intelligence can only take so much.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 23.10.2022., 16:03   #1162
Although I feel as if you are being sarcastic, I will try to correct some of your mistakes anyway. After all, everyone benefits from that.

1) Muchly -> much
2) Brought a tear in my eyes -> brought a tear to my eye(s)
3) Self education -> self-education
4) I did reach so far as to Star Pizza -> I did reach so far as to work at Star Pizza
5) A part time night shift jobs -> part-time night shift jobs
6) I covered a lot educational material -> I have covered a lot of educational material
7) By objective pronoun -> by an object pronoun
8) Is simple as -> is simple as well
9) Another oner -> another one
10) Posts are provided from -> Posts are provided by
11) But I assume average intelligence can only take so much -> But I assume I should stop trolling for the time being
Odgovori s citatom
Old 23.10.2022., 23:55   #1163
I would say that using "muchly" instead of "much" is a matter of style, since it is either a sarcastically expressed obsolete form, or slang. It has no place, though, in formal communication.

Whether it is obnoxious or overbearing in this context depends on individual taste. I think it is both.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 30.10.2022., 07:12   #1164
Bias be gone

Restlessness and eagerness for failure of the place is amazing. Let's step away from the previous discussions and immerse in something new but also exciting. Everyone has got an artist in themselves sort of and in the life has written some kind of useless writings abound. The flagrant violation of common sense permeate through those pieces and the necessary consequences prevent unition with readers on an intellectual level. Some write with erudition most don’t nonetheless their own opinion often shows up as an offending prejudiced belief. This is not only inherent to evolving humans but also to artificial intelligence systems where in this algorithm world important decisions are done by copper wires and logic gates and boolean algebra. Horrible don’t you think. Lay perceptions would get you up the dead end simple because the vast experience in these matters are drawn from scavenging useless forums blogs and other internet platforms (Elon Musk acquired Twitter) as importantly as puling it from one's back side . The alleged clever algorithms gather all vice and wrongs of the mankind that they could gather and apply it do decision making process affecting the human lives such as associate the words like a woman and girl with the sandwich, kitchen and pressing men’s shirts. Whereas the words boy and man are linked to managers mathematicians engineers and space explorers amongst all. They learned from us very well. Writers of all walks of life unintentionally , unconsciously (or not so) embark on all varieties of prejudiced opinions such as racial ethnic gender homophobic beauty and other unreasoned judgments. Halo and horn effects are so common as they are based on personal wrongful impressions and the ability to imagine magical fairies. I'm born optimistic though and reckon a simple minimal brain activity that the most possess can avoid these conundrums.

The revelations that are going to shine lights on these mind boggling katzenjammers are to be exposed soon.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 30.10.2022., 11:36   #1165
God help us all.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 30.10.2022., 13:31   #1166
Why do some poeple pronounce strong like 'shtrong'

Interesting video.
Old 31.10.2022., 15:29   #1167
Quote:
Nyittiuny kaže: Pogledaj post
God help us all.
thus spoke zarathustra .
Old 06.11.2022., 17:17   #1168
Rhythm

The rhythm...

The Rhythm of English
Old 23.11.2022., 18:41   #1169
Koji bi bio engleski prijevod hrvatske riječi "obijest" (neobuzdanost u ponašanju i zahtjevima)
Apokalipsa je oduvijek bila nad nama i oduvijek je postojala mogućnost da budućnost postane grozna, ali hej, uspjeli smo mnogo puta u prošlosti nadići svakakve prepreke i ne postoji razlog zbog kojeg to nebi mogli i sada
Odgovori s citatom
Old 23.11.2022., 21:42   #1170
Quote:
maleesh kaže: Pogledaj post
Koji bi bio engleski prijevod hrvatske riječi "obijest" (neobuzdanost u ponašanju i zahtjevima)
Wantonness, perhaps?
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.11.2022., 19:51   #1171
Quote:
maleesh kaže: Pogledaj post
Wrong thread
Odgovori s citatom
Old 03.12.2022., 23:59   #1172
Quote:
rokolina kaže: Pogledaj post
Wrong thread
Now I've changed the title of the thread, hopefully people will get the message...
Odgovori s citatom
Old 25.01.2024., 09:51   #1173
CHAT

Is this a chatting forum or what?

We don't write thesis here...actually you'd better not...you might expose yourself as God's creation for a middle finger.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.01.2024., 09:54   #1174
This is not a joy ride

I really miss not seeing you…. I was often told. Even by old friends. Do they really mean it.
Some can actually revel in the thought as much as they want but to reach the answer is beyond the capabilities of even an experienced local reader whose veneration is drawn from the year of joining the waterhole

In the annals of a subforum English words are misunderstood or misinterpreted to the point that dabblers' gratuitous intentions lead to shock and the absence of a clear message.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 03.02.2024., 10:52   #1175
You should be worried

Some big mouth noisome people will not miss the opportunity to deny obvious. You go online and what …a chat bot already knows you and gives you a personalised greeting.
What if you buy a pair of pinky undies and you in a phallic manner want to hide it. Forget it.

You'll be targeted to buy another garment this time a lingerie with bunnies head on it.
What about personalized advertisements offering you a big sax toy while the wife breathing down your neck ?This happening to poor you and all you wanted to do a bit of innocent online shopping.

Privacy is not wat it used to be, is it?
Odgovori s citatom
Old 04.02.2024., 16:26   #1176
Oh no, this again...
Odgovori s citatom
Old 04.02.2024., 16:45   #1177
Honestly, seeing so many fancy words scattered around and some fundamental aspects of grammar being ignored at the same time ("This happening to poor you and all you wanted to do a bit of innocent online shopping." – auxiliary verbs called, they say you snubbed them for some reason) is pretty interesting, for a lack of a better word.

Please bear in mind that this is a chat topic, so maybe you could tone your passive-aggressive comments down a notch, eh? It is getting rather tiresome. If you want to practice writing in English, you are more than free to do so, but I do not see how comments comparable to teenage insults ("you might expose yourself as God's creation for a middle finger") actually improve your understanding of language or help you communicate with people in English.
Odgovori s citatom
Odgovor

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 19:02.