Natrag   Forum.hr > Lifestyle > Stanovanje

Stanovanje Gdje i kako stanujete, i kako uopće doći do vlastita stana
Podforumi: Vrt, Sam svoj majstor, Interijeri

Odgovor

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Old 26.07.2014., 19:26   #1
Moving to Croatia for a year

Hello, I know this is a Croatian forum, I hope not to be an annoying "intruder" in this community. Sorry but I dont speak croatian, i'll write in english:

Im from Spain-Barcelona, im 20 years old and I wanna live in Croatia for 1 year because i want to have a new experiencie, change my daily routine and lifestyle. I've been investigating; and Croatia attracts me a lot

I need some advices about which area will be the best for me (Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik...)
My hobbies are: bodybuilding (gym), football, basketball, parties...
I speak english very well, I have level C2 of english, Im not racist and im very sociable; I like meet new people. My economical situation is OK, im not rich but im stable.

What would you recommend me?

Thanks.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 26.07.2014., 20:51   #2
Come to Zagreb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26.07.2014., 22:15   #3
what do you plan to do, study, travel around, look for a job?
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.07.2014., 08:48   #4
Quote:
bitchy-as-usual kaže: Pogledaj post
Come to Zagreb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why Zagreb?

Hi Tanveer, my mainly plans are:

Travel around for visiting new things and meet new people, but I want to live in an especific area the whole year

Do my hobbies which I've mentioned (gym, basketball..)

I'll look for a job too, I know it is very dificult for me because I dont speak croatian, I speak spanish, catalan and english. I wanna try to study and learn croatian with a teacher in Croatia
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.07.2014., 09:38   #5
if money is no issue, than it makes sense to rent an apartment in Zagreb and pursue all those things you mentioned, especially learning the language and perhaps even finding an occasional job, which would be difficult for you in a smaller town. Croatia is small enough so that you can easily travel to every part of it from a central point. you could also divide the year between the coast and the interior, spend the warmer months at the seaside.

do you have any sort of a personal connection here? someone to show you the ropes, help with the bureaucratic necessities?
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.07.2014., 12:08   #6
Quote:
tanveer kaže: Pogledaj post
if money is no issue, than it makes sense to rent an apartment in Zagreb and pursue all those things you mentioned, especially learning the language and perhaps even finding an occasional job, which would be difficult for you in a smaller town. Croatia is small enough so that you can easily travel to every part of it from a central point. you could also divide the year between the coast and the interior, spend the warmer months at the seaside.

do you have any sort of a personal connection here? someone to show you the ropes, help with the bureaucratic necessities?
You are right, i've more possibilities to find a job in Zagreb, it's the biggest city and there are more people... I could rent an apartmen between 250eu (1909 HRK) and 400eu (3055 HRK) monthly, I don't mind if i have to share the flat with someone or living alone in it.

By the by, it's a great idea divide the year between the coast and the interior, for example, living in Zagreb during the autumn and winter, then moving to Split in spring and summer. For the moment this is my idea.

No tanveer, i don't have any sort of contact or connection there... I don't know anyone in Croatia. I wanna do this because it's like an 'adventure, to have a good experience and mature more as a person. Im still young, im 20 years old and i think it's a good opportunity
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.07.2014., 12:28   #7
you can find apartment listings here http://www.njuskalo.hr/iznajmljivanje-stanova/zagreb and here http://m.oglasnik.hr/oglasi/nekretni...ica/index.html

(perhaps with a google translator?)

also, check your message inbox here, 'Privatne poruke:', upper right corner of the screen
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.07.2014., 15:36   #8
Since I've been living in Split and Zagreb, I'll recommend Zagreb. Any other city is much smaller. Split is also nice if you love slower pace of life and warm weather, there are lots of foreigners moving into Split and they have their own community. But it can get boring during a winter.
There is much more activities to chose from in Zagreb. I recommend renting an apartment in the center, it is not expensive (since there are mostly old buildings, but still, nice place can be found for the amount you mentioned and have it for yourself). Public transportation is great (much better than in Split), so you can get fast in any part.

Zadnje uređivanje Ibiza : 27.07.2014. at 15:41.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.07.2014., 16:19   #9
Quote:
Ibiza kaže: Pogledaj post
Since I've been living in Split and Zagreb, I'll recommend Zagreb. Any other city is much smaller. Split is also nice if you love slower pace of life and warm weather, there are lots of foreigners moving into Split and they have their own community. But it can get boring during a winter.
There is much more activities to chose from in Zagreb. I recommend renting an apartment in the center, it is not expensive (since there are mostly old buildings, but still, nice place can be found for the amount you mentioned and have it for yourself). Public transportation is great (much better than in Split), so you can get fast in any part.

Ibiza, do you know what? I was born in Ibiza, im not kidding. What a coincidence

Thank you very much for the information, most probably i'll go to Zagreb, public transport is important to me.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.07.2014., 17:48   #10
what aliens need to do... you will turn into an alien once you read this, that's for sure.

http://www.mup.hr/120027.aspx
Odgovori s citatom
Old 28.07.2014., 15:54   #11
Stay at home.

Drastične situacije, zahtijevaju drastične mjere!
Odgovori s citatom
Old 28.07.2014., 16:50   #12
Quote:
freelancer kaže: Pogledaj post
Stay at home.
mmm... why do you say that? Do you have any objection? Would you be annoyed of that?

Buddy, I won't stay at home because im not a coward If you want to stay at home, stay at home, I don't

Zadnje uređivanje Zolt : 28.07.2014. at 16:55.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 28.07.2014., 16:57   #13
Quote:
Zolt kaže: Pogledaj post
mmm... why do you say that? Do you have any objection? Would you be annoyed of that?

Buddy, I won't stay at home because im not a coward
you can find cheaper place... about 200 euro. It would be just one room, kitchen and bathroom but I believe that it is enough for you.

Maybe the best idea would be for you to find a roommate. You wouldnt be alone, you would have someone to talk to, maybe became friends....

If you need help with finding the place, just say so
Old 28.07.2014., 17:57   #14
Quote:

Buddy, I won't stay at home because im not a coward If you want to stay at home, stay at home, I don't
Sorry, Freelancer a colleague sent me a private message saying that you tried to be helpful not rude. I understood it in the bad way.

Bitchy-as-usual, thank you very much, I know i can find cheaper flats
Odgovori s citatom
Old 29.07.2014., 08:41   #15
Quote:

How is saying that you are coward?
They will rip you off at any corner, you will not understand why, and after getting back home, you will conclude, what a beautiful but boring county.

p.s.
I love my Country a lot, but I am objective.

Odgovori s citatom
Old 29.07.2014., 08:46   #16
@freelancer
you are dickhead and you don't even understand why.
if this guy is genuine, ( and believe he is ) why do you have to get involved with you cynical comments?

Let someone, with something constructive, answer to him.
If he is full of shift, it will be reveled soon enough.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 29.07.2014., 08:52   #17
Quote:
freelancer kaže: Pogledaj post

They will rip you off at any corner...
hey, I understand what you mean, but the same is true for every other country in the world as well. if they don't overcharge you for the groceries in a store, they have huge rents. if the rents are low, you will be mugged in the street. taxi drivers will rip you off anywhere. if the bill in a restaurant is true to the cost, they will expect a 25% tip. if most of the stuff is cheap, you need to watch out for food poisoning. and so forth... if you want to travel, you just need to roll with it
Odgovori s citatom
Old 29.07.2014., 08:54   #18
''you are dickhead'' - yes, yes specially downstair.
If you want to sell him balls instead of kidneys (Croatian phrase), just fine... this is my honest look at situation.

Odgovori s citatom
Old 29.07.2014., 09:08   #19
Quote:
tanveer kaže: Pogledaj post
hey, I understand what you mean, but the same is true for every other country in the world as well. if they don't overcharge you for the groceries in a store, they have huge rents. if the rents are low, you will be mugged in the street. taxi drivers will rip you off anywhere. if the bill in a restaurant is true to the cost, they will expect a 25% tip. if most of the stuff is cheap, you need to watch out for food poisoning. and so forth... if you want to travel, you just need to roll with it
I said every corner!

Ok, I am off here.
Dear Zolt, whish you everything best, but PLEASE send me mail after you come back home.

Odgovori s citatom
Old 29.07.2014., 10:34   #20
Firstly, nobody is a dickhead, please don't insult and taunt...

Secondly, Freelancer, why are you off? You can still express your opinion and answer my posts. Don't be angry, I apologized before because I read your comment in a bad way. Buddy, im 20 years old, Im moved away from my home at the age of 17 to live in my own apartment while I was studying and working at the same time in a city which there is more population than Croatia, I think i can manage the situation if somebody in Croatia wanna rip me off, I have been in a lot of difficult situations that I could solve by myself, because in Barcelona there are many dangerous people and the criminality is extremely high, unfortunately I can assure you that. Im not stupid and I know that every country has the ''habit'' of cheating the tourists. I'm a very confident person because I practice martial arts since childhood combined with other sports, Im not afraid. Sorry I've bored you telling my life.

Apple cut thanks for your support, but the insults are not necessary
Something else?
Odgovori s citatom
Odgovor

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 00:28.