Natrag   Forum.hr > Kultura i zabava > Film

Film Art, cult and all that trash

Odgovor

Tematski alati Opcije prikaza
Old 13.04.2008., 21:35   #61
Quote:
Cesc Fabergas kaže: Pogledaj post
The World At War - 26 epizoda
po meni daleko najbolji dokumentarac o 2.svjet. ratu..
več našao par djelova, jako dobar serial
Odgovori s citatom
Old 14.05.2008., 01:06   #62
Zeitgeist
Iako možda je od njega trebalo napraviti 3 dokumentarca jer u 2 sata je prebrzo sve ispričao,pa se lako izgubiti.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 14.05.2008., 09:43   #63
U zadnje vrijeme sam pogledao i gledam dokumentarce od Terry Jonesa (pythonovca za one koji ne znaju). Inače su rađeni u produkciji BBC-a. Uz malu dozu humora daje podosta informacija i razbija neke mitove.

Barbarians - ono što znamo o barbarima je iz zapisa Rimljana. Moj je zaključak da barbari baš i nisu bili barbari, već Rimljani. Jeste li čuli za vandalsku poeziju?
Crusaders - o križarskim pohodima. Čini se da su križari pobili i poklali više kršćana nego muslimana
Medivial lives - život u srenjem vijeku.
Ancient invetnions - o nekim izumima koji su ponovno izumljeni u novije doba

Nemam linkove, ali sam vam dao naslove, pa se snađite.
Old 14.05.2008., 20:15   #64
Ludi za oružjem, definitivno!
Old 16.05.2008., 11:31   #65
Terry Jones kick ass,
Od ovih nabrojenih još bi dodao i "The Story of 1" -priča o brojevima http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482651/

Što se tiče filmova koji mjenjaju način shvaćanja svijeta čudi me da još niko nije spomenuo BBC-eve dokumentarce od Adama Curtisa
copy/pase sa wikipedie:

1992: Pandora's Box examined the dangers of technocratic and political rationality. It received the BAFTA Award for Best Factual Series. [1]

1995: The Living Dead investigated the way that history and memory (both national and individual) have been used by politicians and others.

1996: 25 Million Pounds a study of Nick Leeson and the collapse of Barings Bank. Won the Best Science and Nature Documentary in the 1998 San Francisco International Film Festival.

1997: The Way of the Flesh tells the story of Henrietta Lacks, the "woman who will never die". It received the 1997 Golden Gate Award. [2]

1999: The Mayfair Set looked at how buccaneer capitalists were allowed to shape the climate of the Thatcher years, focusing on the rise of Colonel David Stirling, Jim Slater, James Goldsmith, and Tiny Rowland, all members of The Clermont club in the 1960s. It received the BAFTA Award for Best Factual Series or Strand in 2000. [3]

2002: The Century Of The Self (BBC Two) documented how the rise of Freud's individualism led to Edward Bernays' consumerism. It received the Broadcast Award for Best Documentary Series and the Longman-History Today Award for Historical Film of the Year. It was released in the US through art house cinemas and was picked as the fourth best movie of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly.

2004: The Power of Nightmares (BBC Two) suggested a parallel between the rise of Islamism in the Arab world and Neoconservatism in the United States in that both needed to inflate a myth of a dangerous enemy in order to draw people to support them.

2007: The Trap - What Happened to our Dream of Freedom (BBC Two - working title Cold Cold Heart), a series regarding the modern concept of freedom. [4]
Odgovori s citatom
Old 16.05.2008., 12:25   #66
Quote:
GoldSmith kaže: Pogledaj post
Što se tiče filmova koji mjenjaju način shvaćanja svijeta čudi me da još niko nije spomenuo BBC-eve dokumentarce od Adama Curtisa
Quote:
kronično naspavan kaže: Pogledaj post
posebno bi naglasio dokumentarce Adam Curtis-a :
Pandora’s box;
The century of self;
The Power of Nightmares i
The trap: what happened to our dreams of freedom

kad smo već kod dokumentaraca koji mjenjaju način shvaćanja svijeta, preporučio bi Johna Pilgera. šta god da pogledate od njega, valja. posebno bi naglasio
The War on Democracy
Stealing a Nation
Palestine Is Still the Issue
Breaking the Silence: Truth and Lies in the War on Terror
Death of a Nation: The Timor Conspiracy
Paying the Price: Killing the Children of Iraq
Nicaragua - A nation's right to survive

nego, zadnje što sam pogledo
American Drug War: The Last White Hope (2007)
jako zanimljiv dokumentarac o američkom ratu protiv droge. od Nixonove objave rata protiv droge pa sve do današnjih dana.

Super High Me (2007) bez komentara

available on a tracker near you
Odgovori s citatom
Old 16.05.2008., 13:09   #67
sorry moja greška
Nije loše Adama Curtisa ni dvaput preporučit

gledao sam nedavno Super High Me i stvarno je cool iako ne mjenja način shvaćanja svjeta.

Quote:
kronično naspavan kaže: Pogledaj post

kad smo već kod dokumentaraca koji mjenjaju način shvaćanja svijeta, preporučio bi Johna Pilgera. šta god da pogledate od njega, valja. posebno bi naglasio
The War on Democracy
Stealing a Nation
Palestine Is Still the Issue
Breaking the Silence: Truth and Lies in the War on Terror
Death of a Nation: The Timor Conspiracy
Paying the Price: Killing the Children of Iraq
Nicaragua - A nation's right to survive

nego, zadnje što sam pogledo
American Drug War: The Last White Hope (2007)
jako zanimljiv dokumentarac o američkom ratu protiv droge. od Nixonove objave rata protiv droge pa sve do današnjih dana.

Super High Me (2007) bez komentara

available on a tracker near you
Odgovori s citatom
Old 18.05.2008., 12:14   #68
Quote:
propali listič kaže: Pogledaj post
može preporuka na dokumentarac o drugom svjetskom ratu
Evo nekoliko dobrih:

The Architecture of Doom Nazism

Gestapo: Hitler's Secret Police

HITLER'S PLAN TO ATOM BOMB NEW YORK

Hitler's Search for the Holy Grail

Hitler`s war 1940. to 1943.
Hitler`s war 1943. to 1945.

Japan's War in Colour

How Hitler Lost the War

The History of the Luftwaffe

Waffen SS: Hitler's Elite Fighting Force

Hitlers Warriors
-Rommel The Hero
-Manstein The Strategist
-Keitel The Lackey
-Udet The Flyer
-Paulus The Defector
-Canaris The Master Spy

Operation Barbarossa

Svi su dokumentarci vrlo dobri, meni najdraži su OPERATION BARBAROSSA i ROMMEL THE HERO. Zapravo su mi svi ovi dokumentarci među najboljima
Odgovori s citatom
Old 11.06.2008., 02:06   #69
Đelo Hadžiselimović mi je svojim odabirom promijenio život.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 11.06.2008., 11:52   #70
BBC Planet Earth, sad mi je pogled drugčiji, vidim kolka je zemlja i šta mi valja obići, hehehe.

Nisam baš neki ljubitelj dokumentaraca, al volim pogledat one povjesne (o egiptu, rimu, grčkoj, faraonima, piramidama, amazonkama, mitologiji, kralju Arturu,.....), kao i one o duhovima, demonima.
Old 27.07.2008., 14:53   #71
most extreme

Da nema netko možda Most Extreme Animals?
Prezakon...
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.07.2008., 21:09   #72
dokumnetarci o Svemiru su ono što me zaista opčinjava...
Odgovori s citatom
Old 27.12.2008., 03:14   #73
moj prijeldog je hogzilla. o nečemu što jest, a možda i nije, najveća i najopakija divlja svinja. simple as that. ili supermole. to spada u one koji će vam primjenit pogled na život, ili barem krtice.
vidim da je topic lagano mrtav, al ću svejedno spomenut još par cool dokumentaraca kojih se mpogu sjetit.
recimo, The Life and Times of John C. Holmes - o kiti koja je bila inspiracija za boogie nights.
onda, david attenborough. čim mu čujem glas, odmah uživam
serijal equator u pet dijelova. u rangu bbc-a.
od glazbenih su mi uvijek bili ok vh1-ovi behind the music.
itako. nek se još netko uključi, pa da immao topic!
ah da, when we were kings - ali v foreman!
Odgovori s citatom
Old 23.05.2009., 23:36   #74
Arrow Preporuke dokumentarnih filmova

Pozdrav,

evo tema za preporuke dokumentarnih filmova. Zadnjih godina imam osjecaj da svaki mjesec izade bar jedan odlican dokumentarac, vjerojatno jer je sve lakse napravit jedan odlican dok. film. Necu pisat nikakve kritike, vec samo opis sa stranice filma, ili IMDb-a, tako da ne namecem svoje misljenje o filmu nekom tko ga nije pogledao.

Money as Debt

moneyasdebt.net

Trailer

Film

The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

THE MONEY MASTERS is a 3 1/2 hour non-fiction, historical documentary that traces the origins of the political power structure.
The modern political power structure has its roots in the hidden manipulation and accumulation of gold and other forms of money.
The development of fractional reserve banking practices in the 17th century brought to a cunning sophistication the secret techniques initially used by goldsmiths fraudulently to accumulate wealth.
With the formation of the privately-owned Bank of England in 1694, the yoke of economic slavery to a privately-owned "central" bank was first forced upon the backs of an entire nation, not removed but only made heavier with the passing of the three centuries to our day.
Nation after nation has fallen prey to this cabal of international central bankers.
The success of the central banking scheme developed into a far-reaching plan described by President Clinton's mentor, Georgetown Professor Carroll Quigley, "to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole.
This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations.
Each central bank....sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the levels of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Several short-lived attempts to impose the central banking scheme on the United States were defeated by the patriotic efforts of Presidents Madison, Jefferson, Jackson, Van Buren and Lincoln.
But with the passage of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, America was firmly lashed to the same yoke, so that a small number of very rich men have been able to lay upon the masses a yoke little better than slavery itself.
That yoke inevitably grows heavier with ever-compounding interest, and totals over $20 trillion of debt owed by the American people today ($80,000 per American) ultimately to these bankers.

This vast accumulation of wealth concentrates immense power and despotic economic domination in the hands of the few central bankers "who are able to govern credit and its allotment, for this reason supplying, so to speak, the life-blood to the entire economic body, and grasping, as it were, in their hands the very soul of the economy so that no one dare breathe against their will

themoneymasters.com

Film

The Corporation

WINNER OF 26 INTERNATIONAL AWARDS! 10 Audience Choice Awards including the 2004 Sundance Film Festival.

Provoking, witty, stylish and sweepingly informative, THE CORPORATION explores the nature and spectacular rise of the dominant institution of our time. Part film and part movement, The Corporation is transforming audiences and dazzling critics with its insightful and compelling analysis.
Taking its status as a legal "person" to the logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?"
The Corporation includes interviews with 40 corporate insiders and critics - including Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, Milton Friedman, Howard Zinn, Vandana Shiva and Michael Moore - plus true confessions, case studies and strategies for change.

thecorporation.com

IMDb

Trailer

Film

Blue Gold: World Water Wars

Wars of the future will be fought over water as they are over oil today, as the source of human survival enters the global marketplace and political arena.
Corporate giants, private investors, and corrupt governments vie for control of our dwindling supply, prompting protests, lawsuits, and revolutions from citizens fighting for the right to survive.
Past civilizations have collapsed from poor water management. Can the human race survive?

bluegold-worldwaterwars.com

IMDb

Trailer

I.O.U.S.A. - One Nation. Under Debt. In Stress

Wake up, America! We're on the brink of a financial meltdown. I.O.U.S.A. boldly examines the rapidly growing national debt and its consequences for the United States and its citizens.
Burdened with an ever-expanding government and military, increased international competition, overextended entitlement programs, and debts to foreign countries that are becoming impossible to honor, America must mend its spendthrift ways or face an economic disaster of epic proportions.

Throughout history, the American government has found it nearly impossible to spend only what has been raised through taxes.
Wielding candid interviews with both average American taxpayers and government officials, Sundance veteran Patrick Creadon (Wordplay) helps demystify the nation's financial practices and policies.
The film follows former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker as he crisscrosses the country explaining America's unsustainable fiscal policies to its citizens.

With surgical precision, Creadon interweaves archival footage and economic data to paint a vivid and alarming profile of America's current economic situation.
The ultimate power of I.O.U.S.A. is that the film moves beyond doomsday rhetoric to proffer potential financial scenarios and propose solutions about how we can recreate a fiscally sound nation for future generations.

Creadon uses candid interviews and his featured subjects include Warren Buffett, Alan Greenspan, Paul O'Neill, Robert Rubin, and Paul Volcker, along with the Peter G. Peterson Foundation's own David Walker and Bob Bixby of the Concord Coalition, a Foundation grantee.

Pointedly topical and consummately nonpartisan, I.O.U.S.A. drives home the message that the only time for America's financial future is now.
iousathemovie.com

Trailer

Film

The End Of America

From award-winning filmmakers Annie Sundberg and Ricki Stern (The Devil Came on Horseback and The Trials of Darryl Hunt) comes the provocative and expertly crafted film, THE END OF AMERICA, based on The New York Times best seller by the same name.
In a stunning indictment of sweeping policy changes during the Bush years, author Naomi Wolf (The Beauty Myth) makes a chilling case that American democracy is under threat.

Investigating parallels between our current situation and the rise of dictators and fascism in once-free societies, Wolf uncovers a number of deeply unsettling similarities—from the use of paramilitary groups and secret prisons to the targeted suspension of the rule of law.
With this galvanizing call to arms based on her recent book, she urges regular citizens to take back our legacy of freedom and justice.

endofamericamovie.com

IMDb

Trailer

Film

WAR MADE EASY: How Presidents & Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death

Narrated by Sean Penn

War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq.
Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war messages of successive presidential administrations.

War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq.
Guided by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, the film presents disturbing examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present alongside rare footage of political leaders and leading journalists from the past, including Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.

Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.”
This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.

warmadeeasythemovie.org

IMDb

Trailer

Film

Iran Is Not The Problem

IRAN (is not the problem) is a feature length film responding to the failure of the American mass media to provide the public with relevant and accurate information about the standoff between the US and Iran, as happened before with the lead up to the invasion of Iraq.

We have heard that Iran is a nuclear menace in defiance of the international community, bent on "wiping Israel off the map", supporting terrorism, and unwilling to negotiate. This documentary disputes these claims as they are presented to us and puts them in the context of present and historical US imperialism and hypocrisy with respect to Iran.

It looks at the struggle for democracy inside Iran, the consequences of the current escalation and the potential US and/or Israeli attack, and suggests some alternatives to consider.

iranisnottheproblem.org

IMDb

Trailer

Film

9/11: The Great Illusion by George Humphrey

This documentary is the film version of the book "9/11: The Great illusion", also by George Humphrey
60 objective facts, worthy questions and valuable insights that will make even the skeptics realize that 9/11 was orchestrated and carried out by the Power Elite within our own Government

Film

Zadnje uređivanje Shifty Gypsy : 23.05.2009. at 23:45.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 23.05.2009., 23:37   #75
zeitgeistmovie.com

The Goal

The Means is the End:

We intend to restore the fundamental necessities and environmental awareness of the species through the advocation of the most current understandings of who and what we truly are, coupled with how science, nature and technology (rather than religion, politics and money) hold the keys to our personal growth, not only as individual human beings, but as a civilization, both structurally and spiritually. The central insights of this awareness is the recognition of the Emergent and Symbiotic elements of natural law and how aligning with these understandings as the bedrock of our personal and social institutions, life on earth can and will flourish into a system which will continuously grow in a positive way, where negative social consequences, such as social stratification, war, biases, elitism and criminal activity will be constantly reduced and, idealistically, eventually become nonexistent within the spectrum of human behavior itself.

This possibility is, of course, very difficult for most humans to consider, for we have been conditioned by society to think that crime, corruption and dishonesty is "the way it is" and that there will always be people who want to abuse, hurt and take advantage of others. Religion is the largest promoter of this propaganda, for the "us and them" or "good and evil" mentality promotes this false assumption.

The reality is that we live in a society that produces Scarcity. The consequence of this scarcity is that human beings must behave in self preserving ways, even if it means they have to cheat and steal in order to get what they want. Our research has concluded that Scarcity is one of the most fundamental causes of aberrant human behavior, while also leading to complex forms of neurosis in other ways. A statistical look at drug addiction, crime and incarceration statistics, finds that poverty and unhealthy social conditions comprise the life experience of those who engage in such behavior.

Human beings are not good or bad... they are running, forever changing compositions of the life experience(s) that influences them. The "quality" of a human being ( if there was such a thing ) is directly related to the upbringing and thus belief systems they have been conditioned into.

This simple reality has been grossly overlooked and today people primitively think that competition, greed and corruption are "hardwired" elements of human behavior and, in turn, we must have prisons, police and hence a hierarchy of differential control in order for society to deal with these "tendencies". This is totally illogical and false.

The bottom line is that in order to change things for the better fundamentally, you must begin to address root causes. Our current society's system of "punishment" is outmoded, inhumane, and unproductive. When a serial killer is caught, most people jump up and down and scream for the death of that person. This is backwards. A truly sane society, which understands what we are and how our value systems are created, would take the individual and learn the reasons behind his or her violent actions. This information would then go to a research department which considers how to stop such conditions from occurring through education.

It is time to stop the patchwork. It is time to begin a new social approach which is updated to present day knowledge. Sadly, society today is still largely based on outmoded, superstitious dispositions and resolutions.

It is also important to point out that there are no utopias or endings. All evidence points to perpetual change on all levels. In turn, it is our personal actions everyday of our lives that mold and perpetuate the social systems we have in place. Yet, paradoxically, it is also our environmental influences which create our perspectives and hence world views. Therefore, true change will come not only from adjusting your personal understandings and decisions, but equally from changing the social structures that influence these understandings and decisions.

The elite power systems are little affected in the long run by traditional protest and political movements. We must move beyond these 'establishment rebellions' and work with a tool much more powerful:
We will stop supporting the system, while constantly advocating knowledge, peace, unity and compassion. We cannot "fight the system". Hate, anger and the 'war' mentality are failed means for change, for they perpetuate the same tools the corrupt, established power systems use to maintain control to begin with.

The Distortion and Paralysis:

When we understand that all systems are Emergent and constantly in a state of evolution, along with the reality that we are all Symbiotically connected to nature and each other in the most simple yet profound ways, forcing the realization that our personal integrity is only as high as the integrity of the rest of society, we then see how twisted and backwards our social establishments are and how their perpetuation is largely the cause of the social instability in society. For example, the Monetary System has been long deemed a positive force in society due to its claim to produce incentive and progress. In actuality, the monetary system has become a vehicle for division and totalitarian control.

It is the ultimate form of "Divide and Conquer" for at its very core are the assumptions that (1) We must fight each other in order to survive. (2) Humans must have this reward "Incentive" to do anything meaningful.

As far as Number 1 (We must fight each other in order to survive.), this characteristic of 'competition' in the system guarantees corruption in society on every level, for the basis is "us against them". Many argue that the "free market system" is good... but it is corrupt in the modern day due to bad policies, favoritism, bailouts, etc. They assume that if a "pure" free market was allowed to flourish then it would be okay. This is false, for what you are seeing today IS the Free market at work, with all its differential advantage and corruption. No laws will ever stop the insider trading, collusion, monopoly, labor abuse, pollution, planned obsolescence or the like... this is what the competition based system produces without fail, for it is based on the premise of taking advantage of others for profit. Period.

We must begin to transition out of these oppressive ideals and move towards a system which is "designed" to support human beings... not force them to fight in order to survive. As far as Number 2, (Humans must have this reward "Incentive" to do anything meaningful.) this is just a sad and an incredibly negative perspective of the human being in general. To assume that a person must be "structurally motivated" or hence "forced" into doing anything, is just absurd. Think back to when you were a child and had no idea what money even was. You played, were curious and did many things... why? Because you wanted to. However, as time goes on in our system, that natural curiosity and self-motivation is stripped away from people, as they are forced to conform to the specialized, compartmentalized, nearly predefined labor system in order to survive. This, in turn, often creates a natural rebellion within the person due to the forced obligation, and this is how we came up with "leisure" and "work" separations. The laziness assumed to exist by the monetary system proponents (who claim it produces incentive) do not recognize this. In a true society, people would follow their natural inclinations and work to contribute to society not because they are "paid" for it, but because they have a greater awareness which recognizes that contributing to society helps them just as much as everyone else. This is the heightened state of awareness we hope to communicate. Your reward for contributing to society is the well being of that society... which, in turn, furthers your well being.

Now, putting things into perspective, it is important to understand that our world is currently run, undeniably, by a small group of dominant men in high positions of those institutions which are most dominant in society- Business and Finance. The establishment of government is in tandem with the influence and power of corporations and banks. The life blood is money, which is, in fact, an illusion that now has little relevance to society and serves as a tool for manipulation and division along a kind of social organization that guarantees elitism, crime, war and social stratification.

Simultaneously, individuals are taught that being "correct" is what creates their value as human beings. This state of being "correct" is directly related to the prevailing values of society itself. Therefore, those who accept and support the social system's views are considered "normal", while those who disagree are considered "abnormal" or even "subversive". Whether it is the dogma of a unique social tradition, or the alignment with a worldwide establishment religion, the basis is the same: Intellectual Materialism.

As we realize that knowledge and hence our institutions are always evolving, we see that any belief system which claims to "know" anything, without allowing for dispute, is a failed perspective. Religion, with its foundation in faith, is the king of this distortion, as it claims to know something definitively about the most complex and elusive origins of human kind, and this simply is not possible in an emergent universe.
That being said, it is then realized that equally as dangerous as the Establishment Power Structures, are the people who have been conditioned to completely accept the static understandings put forth by these systems... therefore becoming: "Self Appointed Guardians of the Status Quo". This applies to every system, especially political, financial and religious systems. Since people's identities become associated with the doctrines of a Country, Religion or Business ethic, it often becomes very difficult for a person to change, for his or her identity has become combined with the ideologies which have been imposed upon them.

Therefore, they perpetuate the doctrine of the institution, simply to maintain their personal integrity, as they see it.

We must break this cycle, for it paralyses our growth not only as individuals, but as a society.
The Truth and Transition

Once we understand that the integrity of our personal existences are directly related to the integrity of the earth, life and all other human beings, we then have our path predefined for us. In turn, once we realize that it is science, technology and hence human creativity which creates progress in our lives, we are then able to recognize what our true priorities are for social and personal growth and progress. These points denoted, we can then see that Religion, Politics and the Money/Competition based Labor system are outdated modes of social operation, which must now be addressed and outgrown. Our avocation is to achieve a social system which operates without money or politics, while allowing superstition to work itself out as education flourishes. It isn't the right of any person to tell another what to believe, for no human has a full understanding of anything. However, if we pay attention to the natural processes of life, we then see how we can align with nature and thus our path becomes more clear.

For example, many people are worried about population growth on the planet, while very spooky comments by despotic figures like Henry Kissinger claim that some kind of "reduction" is needed. This is, of course, very scary. However, the real question remains: Is population growth really that bad? The answer is that from a scientific perspective the earth can handle many, many times more people if need be, once high technology is harnessed. 70% of our planet is water and cities in the sea ( one of many projects by Jacque Fresco ) are the next step. In turn, education about life operations will inform people as to the ramifications of their reproductive interests and population growth will naturally slow as people begin to realize how they are related to the planet and its carrying capacity.

In fact, the only true "government" that can possibly exist is the earth and its resources. From there, all possibilities can be assessed. This is why an intellectual unification of all countries is needed, for the most important information we as a species can have is a full, highly detailed assessment of what we have on this planet. Just as you would examine the land and resources of an acre of land to see what you could do or grow on it, this is what needs to happen with the planet in order to optimize what we are capable of as a species, resource wise.

Of course, many who consider the ideas presented above will often ask: "How can we do this considering the distorted value systems which are currently in operation.? How do we make such a move or transition?" This is, of course, the most difficult question. The answer: We have to start somewhere. There are many things that can be done by a single person or community that can begin to shape this vision. The most important step is education.

Thank you for your help.

Zeitgeist, The Movie - Remastered / Final Edition

Documentary about
a) the origin of christian faith
b) how american banks have seized worldpower at the beginning of the 20th century
c) how these 2 items are related to the wars fought in the 20th and 21st century

IMDb

Film

Zeitgeist: Addendum

Zeitgeist: Addendum premiered at the 5th Annual Artivist Film Festival in Los Angeles, California on October 2, 2008, winning their highest award.

It was released free online on October 4, 2008.[11] Director Peter Joseph stated: "The failure of our world to resolve the issues of war, poverty, and corruption, rests within a gross ignorance about what guides human behavior to begin with.

It addresses the true source of the instability in our society, while offering the only fundamental, long-term solution

IMDb

Film

The Zeitgeist Movement: Orientation Presentation

Film

wiki

thezeitgeistmovement.com

Future by Design

Future by Design shares the life and far-reaching vision of Jacque Fresco, considered by many to be a modern day Da Vinci.
Peer to Einstein and Buckminster Fuller, Jacque is a self-taught futurist who describes himself most often as a "generalist" or multi-disciplinarian -- a student of many inter-related fields.
He is a prolific inventor, having spent his entire life (he is now 90 years old) conceiving of and devising inventions on various scales which entail the use of innovative technology.
As a futurist, Jacque is not only a conceptualist and a theoretician, but he is also an engineer and a designer.

futurebydesignthemovie.com

IMDb

Trailer

thevenusproject.com

The Venus Project presents a bold, new direction for humanity that entails nothing less than the total redesign of our culture.
There are many people today who are concerned with the serious problems that face our modern society: unemployment, violent crime, replacement of humans by technology, over-population and a decline in the Earth's ecosystems.

As you will see, The Venus Project is dedicated to confronting all of these problems by actively engaging in the research, development, and application of workable solutions.
Through the use of innovative approaches to social awareness, educational incentives, and the consistent application of the best that science and technology can offer directly to the social system, The Venus Project offers a comprehensive plan for social reclamation in which human beings, technology, and nature will be able to coexist in a long-term, sustainable state of dynamic equilibrium.

Who Killed the Electric Car?

Writer/Director Chris Paine's documentary feature film Who Killed the Electric Car? premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2006 before its release by Sony Pictures to critical acclaim in 100 U.S. markets.

The film was the third highest-grossing theatrical documentary of 2006 and screened with An Inconvenient Truth in many markets.

Currently in wide DVD release, Paine’s film investigates the events leading to the quiet destruction of thousands of new, radically efficient electric vehicles.
Through interviews and narrative, the film paints a picture of an industrial culture whose aversion to change and reliance on oil may be deeper then its ability to embrace ready solutions.

Who Killed the Electric Car? and Chris Paine were nominated by the Writer's Guild for Best Documentary of 2006.
The film also received nominations from The Broadcast Critics Awards and The Environmental Media Awards for Best Documentary of 2006. The film won the audience award at the Canberra International Film Festival and won a special jury prize at the Mountain Film Festival.

Sony marketed Who Killed The Electric Car? in over 100 theatrical markets to become the third highest grossing documentary in 2007.
Netflix now lists nearly 150,000 ratings of our DVD release from renting customers. Over 400 reviews have been written on Neflix and it is in their Top Ten List of "important movies you should see."

Thanks to the massive push behind An Inconvenient Truth (we were a trailer for that film in theaters) and internet word of mouth, our West LA-produced documentary reached people around the world and helped inspire change.

whokilledtheelectriccar.com

IMDb

Trailer

Film

The God Who Wasn't There

Documentary filmmaker Brian Flemming examines the Bible and discusses the history of early Christianity, raising doubts as to whether the New Testament personage Jesus ever really existed.

Flemming examines the similarity of the Jesus story to other savior myths of the time and points to inexplicable gaps in early Christian history that combine to shed doubt on the Bible's Jesus story

thegodmovie.com

IMDb

Trailer

Uf, neda mi se vise Vozdra

Zadnje uređivanje Shifty Gypsy : 24.05.2009. at 00:02.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.05.2009., 10:08   #76
God Grew Tired of Us: The Story of Lost Boys of Sudan

Winner of both the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival, GOD GREW TIRED OF US explores the indomitable spirit of three “Lost Boys” from the Sudan who leave their homeland, triumph over seemingly insurmountable adversities and move to America, where they build active and fulfilling new lives but remain deeply committed to helping the friends and family they have left behind.

Orphaned by a tumultuous civil war and traveling barefoot across the sub-Saharan desert, John Bul Dau, Daniel Abol Pach and Panther Blor were among the 25,000 “Lost Boys” (ages 3 to 13) who fled villages, formed surrogate families and sought refuge from famine, disease, wild animals and attacks from rebel soldiers. Named by a journalist after Peter Pan’s posse of orphans who protected and provided for each other, the “Lost Boys” traveled together for five years and against all odds crossed into the UN’s refugee camp in Kakuma, Kenya. A journey’s end for some, it was only the beginning for John, Daniel and Panther, who along with 3800 other young survivors, were selected to re-settle in the United States.

From the trans-Atlantic flights that take them to America - an eye-opening experience for young men who had never been on an airplane - to a supermarket visit in Pittsburgh where they encounter an endless bounty of food, to the painstaking efforts that each one makes to find family members back in Africa, the cameras observe three resilient young men in a complex and confusing western world.

However, John, Daniel and Panther are able to make a home wherever they find themselves and, in the process, illuminate all that has been gained and much that has been lost in the continuing immigrant experience of coming to America

From their first visit to the Kakuma refugee camp in July 2001, Christopher Quinn, Tommy Walker and their small crew began to gather testimony about the hardships of crossing the desert on foot and the dangers of life in a refugee camp. Two weeks later, they were boarding a plane with many other joyful but nervous young men who had been selected by the International Rescue Committee to be relocated in America. As the plane took off and the filmmakers watched the happy yet apprehensive faces around them, they discovered that their story was only beginning.

During the next four years, Quinn, Walker and their colleagues made weeklong visits to the three young men every other month, rotating their visits between Syracuse, New York and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where their three subjects had settled.

“I wanted to make sure that this was more than a ‘fish out of water’ story... I knew there was much more to be said,” says Quinn. “This story was about coming into a new world and, despite the fact the it was daunting and crazy and upside down, I was thinking that once they got their footing, they would turn their attentions back to helping their friends and family in Africa. Which is exactly what happened.”

godgrewtiredofus.com

IMDb

Trailer
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.05.2009., 10:18   #77
Nanking

A powerful, emotional and relevant reminder of the heartbreaking toll war takes on the innocent, Nanking tells the story of the Japanese invasion of Nanking, China, in the early days of World War II. As part of a campaign to conquer all of China, the Japanese subjected Nanking – which was then China’s capital – to months of aerial bombardment, and when the city fell, the Japanese army unleashed murder and rape on a horrifying scale. In the midst of the rampage, a small group of Westerners banded together to establish a Safety Zone where over 200,000 Chinese found refuge. Unarmed, these missionaries, university professors, doctors and businessmen – including a Nazi named John Rabe – bore witness to the events, while risking their own lives to protect civilians from slaughter.

The story is told through deeply moving interviews with Chinese survivors, chilling archival footage and photos of the events, and testimonies of former Japanese soldiers. At the heart of Nanking is a filmed stage reading of the Westerners’ letters and diaries, featuring Woody Harrelson, Mariel Hemingway and Jurgen Prochnow. Through its interweave of archival images, testimonies of survivors, and readings of first hand accounts, the film puts the viewer on the streets of Nanking and brings the forgotten past to startling life.

Nanking is a testament to the courage and conviction of individuals who were determined to act in the face of evil and a powerful tribute to the resilience of the Chinese people – a gripping account of light in the darkest of times.
HISTORY

Japan had a presence in mainland Asia since 1931, when the annexed Manchuria and established Manchuoko, a puppet Japanese state. In August 1937, Japan began a full-scale invasion of China. The Japanese army fought a series of fierce ground battles in Shanghai and launched a massive air raid campaign against Nanking, then China’s capital. By November 12th, Shanghai had fallen and by December 13th, the Japanese had defeated the defending Chinese army and invaded the city of Nanking.

The events now known as ‘the rape of Nanking’ lasted approximately six weeks. The city was looted and burned, and marauding Japanese soldiers unleashed a staggering wave of violence on Nanking’s population. According to the summary judgment of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East – also known as the Tokyo Trials, “estimates indicate that the total number of civilians and prisoners of war murdered in Nanking and its vicinity during the first six weeks of the Japanese occupation was over 200,000. Approximately 20,000 cases of rape occurred in the city during the first month of the occupation.”

Prior to the fall of the city, many Chinese fled the approaching troops and all foreign citizens were ordered to evacuate. A group of 22 European and American expatriates, however, refused to leave. Despite devastating air strikes and the threat of an oncoming army, these Westerners – including John Rabe, a Nazi businessman; Bob Wilson, an American surgeon; and Minni Vautrin, the American headmistress of a missionary college – remained behind in order to set up a Safety Zone to protect civilians. Some two hundred thousand refugees crowded into the Zone, which spanned two square miles. During the brutal occupation, Safety Zone committee members vehemently protested the army’s actions to the Japanese authorities, but the carnage continued. Every day John Rabe, Minnie Vautrin, and the others fought to keep the Safety Zone’s boundaries intact and the refugees safe.

By March, the worst of the violence had subsided and the army moved on, leaving behind an occupying force. The refugee camps in the Safety Zone were disbanded, though intensive relief efforts continued. The Japanese set up a puppet government that ruled Nanking until the end of the war. In 1948, the Tokyo Tribunal convicted Iwane Matsui, commander of Japanese forces in central China, of war crimes and sentenced him to death. Emperor Hirohito and his uncle Prince Asaka, who commanded the troops that actually occupied Nanking during the massacre, were spared.

Today, Many Japanese know little about the wartime atrocities their country committed throughout Asia. Seventy years later, the invasion of Nanking remains a divisive issue. Some Japanese ultra-conservatives deny or minimize the massacre; to this day, many Japanese believe stories of atrocities in Nanking are exaggerations and lies. Soon after producer Ted Leonsis decided to create a documentary about Nanking, mass protests broke out in China over Japanese approval of textbooks that called the Nanking massacre an ‘incident.’ The protests made headlines around the world. Many in Asia are also outraged by the former Japanese prime minister’s annual pilgrimage to the Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo. Along with millions of soldiers who died for the Japanese Emperor, Yasukuni – which translates as ‘peaceful nation’ – enshrines the souls of 14 class A war criminals.

In advance of December 2007, the 70th anniversary of the invasion of Nanking, the Chinese and Japanese governments have convened a joint committee of historians in an attempt to agree upon a common version of the history of the Sino-Japanese conflict, including what happened in Nanking.

wiki

nankingthefilm.com

IMDb

Trailer

Film
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.05.2009., 10:30   #78
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a son about his father

A filmmaker trying to memorialize his murdered friend discovers that the woman who killed him was pregnant with his late friend's son

I wish that I had never had the opportunity to make this film. I wish that my friend Dr. Andrew Bagby was alive and well and that I was blissfully ignorant of the lessons I've learned along this journey. Alas, this is not the case. When bad things happen, good people have to take what they've learned and make the world a better place, and that is precisely what I hope this film will do – make the world a better place.

Filmmaker Kurt Kuenne and Dr. Andrew Bagby, April 1981.

When my close friend Dr. Andrew Bagby (1973-2001) was murdered by his ex-girlfriend, Dr. Shirley Turner, I decided to make a film to memorialize him for family and friends. When I learned that Shirley Turner was pregnant with Andrew's son, whom she later named Zachary, my project took on a whole new meaning. My mission became to make this film for Zachary, as a letter from all of Andrew's loved ones to him, which he could one day view and get to know his father. When Shirley Turner killed again one year later in an unspeakable murder-suicide, my focus changed yet again. A second murder did not have to happen. From 2001 to 2003, Shirley Turner was an accused probable pre-meditated first degree murderer who had fled her home to avoid prosecution, and despite a pile of evidence that she was very likely a manipulative cold-blooded killer, the government of Canada allowed her to walk free on bail for a full year and a half, all the while having custody of a child. I found this situation beyond appalling – that an accused pre-meditated murderer could flee the United States, find refuge in Canada and hang out partying while my friend lay in ashes inside an urn. Mostly, I found it appalling that, knowing how potentially dangerous she was, she was given the opportunity to kill again.

Sadly, this has happened more than once. In 1994, John Cousins and Derek Allen stabbed a man named Marvin Squires to death in Canada. When free on bail pending trial for the Squires murder, John Cousins killed another man, Edward Shaw, stabbing him over 60 times.

Bail laws need to be carefully reviewed and reformed, so that Canada will no longer unwittingly function as a safe haven for fugitive murderers from the United States, or as a safe haven for accused murderers of their own. How does one make that happen?

The most compelling argument I could make was to tell this story from the trenches. To tell it the way it happened to me, the way it happened to Andrew's hundreds of friends, his family and, most of all, to show the experience his parents went through during this travesty-laden miscarriage of justice. Murders are not news items. They are not statistics. They are gut wrenching experiences that rip apart the fabric of lives and destroy reasons for living, creating a ripple effect that damages thousands of lives and leaves a chilling absence where there once was warmth and love. It is my hope that this film puts people right inside that experience and that no one will be able to come away from it unchanged.

It is my goal to get this film seen all around the world, but in particular by the citizens of Canada. They have the power to prevent a recurrence of this catastrophe, the power to compel their Parliament to deny bail to people accused of murder pending a speedy and fair trial, so that innocent lives are not continually put at unnecessary risk. I will be making every effort to get this film seen by lawmakers in Canada and abroad, where applicable. As Andrew's parents, Kate and David Bagby, have said repeatedly, "The best we can get out of this is change in the future to prevent a recurrence. It's too horrible to let it happen again."
Proceeds from this film will be split between Andrew's two key memorial funds: the Dr. Andrew Bagby Scholarship in Family Medicine at Latrobe Area Hospital in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, and the Dr. Andrew Bagby and son Zachary Bursary at Memorial University of Newfoundland. Both funds are intended to support and encourage physicians who are pursuing Andrew's calling of family medicine. I will also provide copies of this movie to the funds' recipients in perpetuity, so that they can learn about the person who is paying for their education.

In the last phone conversation I ever had with Andrew, he asked me if I'd ever heard the Garth Brooks song "Standing Outside the Fire". I hadn't. He said the song reminded him of me because "I've never thought of you as standing outside the fire." After he died, I was bequeathed Andrew's copy of the album. The chorus is:

Life is not tried, it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire

I hope this film will inspire lawmakers and citizens everywhere to take a look at themselves, decide what they stand for and do their best to live a life they can look back on proudly. We are alive. We have the opportunity to do and achieve anything we can imagine. For those who are just surviving – and for those members of the Canadian governmental systems who scrambled to save face in the wake of this tragedy rather than admit error and take positive action – I hope it will inspire them to go forth, use their power for good and jump into the fire.

I hope that you will join me on what has been the most rewarding journey of my life. I believe we can make the world a safer, better place.

Kurt Kuenne
Writer/Director/Composer, Dear Zachary

dearzachary.com

IMDb

Trailer

Zadnje uređivanje Shifty Gypsy : 24.05.2009. at 11:01.
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.05.2009., 10:38   #79
Man on Wire

On August 7th 1974, a young Frenchman named Philippe Petit stepped out on a wire illegally rigged between New York's twin towers, then the worlds tallest buildings. After nearly an hour dancing on the wire, he was arrested, taken for psychological evaluation, and brought to jail before he was finally released. Following six and a half years of dreaming of the towers, Petit spent eight months in New York City planning the execution of the coup. Aided by a team of friends and accomplices, Petit was faced with numerous extraordinary challenges: he had to find a way to bypass the WTCs security; smuggle the heavy steel cable and rigging equipment into the towers; pass the wire between the two rooftops; anchor the wire and tension it to withstand the winds and the swaying of the buildings. The rigging was done by night in complete secrecy. At 7:15 AM, Philippe took his first step on the high wire 1,350 feet above the sidewalks of Manhattan James Marshs documentary brings Petits extraordinary adventure to life through the testimony of Philippe himself, and some of the co-conspirators who helped him create the unique and magnificent spectacle that became known as the artistic crime of the century.

IMDb

Trailer
Odgovori s citatom
Old 24.05.2009., 10:48   #80
Mr. Untouchable

The true-life story of a Harlem's notorious Nicky Barnes, a junkie turned multimillionaire drug-lord, MR. UNTOUCHABLE takes its audience deep inside the heroin industry of the 1970s. The most powerful black drug kingpin in New York City history, Barnes came from humble beginnings to make himself and his comrades rich beyond their wildest dreams, ultimately reaching national infamy in 1977 when the New York Times put him on the front cover of their magazine with the headline "Mr. Untouchable". Soon after, it all came crumbling down, and facing a life sentence without parole, Barnes started naming names. With the first hand testimony from "the black Godfather" himself, this documentary tells an epic story of business, excess, greed and revenge.

wiki

mruntouchablemovie.com

IMDb

Trailer
Odgovori s citatom
Odgovor

Tematski alati
Opcije prikaza

Kreni na podforum

Sva vremena su GMT +2. Trenutno vrijeme je: 04:44.