Digital Art Photography for Dummies
Pages: 370 Pages
Pub. Date: December 2005
* This unique book walks readers through the steps and techniques needed to take and print gallery-quality photos with digital equipment
* Shows readers how to select and use high-end photo equipment, work with special effects while shooting, and shoot in a variety of styles, including both landscape and portrait photography
* More than 300 example photos inspire readers to mimic the work of famous photographers like Annie Leibowitz or Anne Geddes
* Explores using Photoshop to enhance a photo
* Addresses printing high-quality photos and then taking the next step of presenting online or in a gallery
Whether you're a new photographer or an experienced pro, this book will guide you through the labyrinth of options and choices you face from the moment you see a photo opportunity to the time you share your final results. And it will help you minimize the time needed to fix your mistakes along the way.
Through step-by-step procedures based on years of experience, professional photographer Ken Milburn describes a complete workflow sequence that begins with essential equipment and preparation, takes you through detailed editing techniques, and ends with your finished images looking the way you want, ready to be shown to the world.
This completely revised edition of Milburn's original bestseller teaches you everything you need to do before, during, and after the editing process.
Be prepared with the right equipment
Get the basic shots right
Organize your photos and find the gems
Make reversible adjustments
Refine your images with care
Use special effects cautiously and tastefully
Publish and share your images effectively
You'll also learn advanced techniques with Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements, though this isn' t a typical Photoshop how-to book. Milburn's workflow strategy ensures that high-production jobs are done professionally with a minimum of frustration. With Digital Photography: Expert Techniques, you'll become a better (and more profitable) photographer.